•  
Home    Archive

News: For Free, For Everyone, Forever.

00:00:30UncleRobotI know CPR...
18:39:34Chadm1nSpammers must die. Now.
16:56:16Chadm1nAs promised a few weeks ago, Webcomics Community has been upgraded!

Author Topic: FreakAngels Is Ending!  (Read 11154 times)

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
  • Easily Confused, Feeble Minded Founder
    • Remedial Comics
FreakAngels Is Ending!
« on: January 15, 2011, 12:25:43 PM »
I was kind of surprised at first but after thinking about it for a bit it makes sense. FreakAngels isn't a webcomic like we think of our webcomics. It's a project... and an experimental one at that, done by Avatar Press and one of the best known writers in comics (not to mention his amazing art team). So it makes sense that it would end in a much shorter time, at the height of its popularity. Well maybe sense isn't exactly the right word. I guess it seems reasonable is the best way I can put it; since all of the people involved have a rather steady flow of other fish to fry.

The last chapter lead me to believe there was a LOT more to come though. And I wasn't even really thinking about "The End" of the series.

There seems like so much story left to tell. It will be really amazing to see if Ellis can create a satisfying conclusion in a short time with so many narrative possibilities available.

I'll be sorry to see it go.  :'(

Offline NoahRodenbeek

• drawn by mouse
Re: FreakAngels Is Ending!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 10:13:36 AM »
Yeah, that bummed me out when I read the chapter intro from a couple weeks ago.  The same kind of realization dawned on me that this isn't something that was meant to go on forever.

I love Freak Angels, and I look forward to it more than anything else each week, but does anyone else feel like there's been like absolutely zero conflict in the plot?  The whole Mark thing happened in the blink of an eye and was completely benign.  Everything else has been sort of anti-climactic.  In my opinion.