•  
Home    Archive

News: Want to advertise on our front page for FREE? Just go to this thread for details.

00:00:30UncleRobotI know CPR...
18:39:34Chadm1nSpammers must die. Now.
16:56:16Chadm1nAs promised a few weeks ago, Webcomics Community has been upgraded!

Author Topic: Google Wave?  (Read 9507 times)

Offline ran

• Oh so tired.
    • brainspill
Re: Google Wave?
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2010, 06:30:07 PM »
but I also have a g-mail account and I actually use the gmail account for everything because its just so much more flexible with the built in chat and everything

Okay...how to explain this.

My e-mail ([email protected]) is a gmail account. That's what google apps are. When I registered my mostly dead comics group's domain with my host and set it up, it set up google apps for me. It automatically made mail.sinister-squid.com, start.sinister-squid.com, calendar.sinister-squid.com and docs.sinister-squid.com, and allows me to create unique e-mails @sinister-squid.com and manage them myself, using gmail's software, but hosted by me. So for all intents and purposes, I am already using gmail. I have all the same functionality, extra stuff like google docs, calendar, reader, etc., but I have to wait behind everyone else for new features, specifically, Wave.

Since there's no way I'm going to set up a gmail account to receive e-mail from my domain's gmail account, I will have to wait...or, I would have. Jeffa sent me an invite for Wave, and I decided to try it out through google, buuuut, make no mistake, when I can host wave on my domain as part of apps, I'll be doing that.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 06:32:21 PM by ran »

Offline jeffa

• Galactic Beacon
Re: Google Wave?
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2010, 07:34:26 AM »
My opinion is that Wave isn't past the try it stage any way...

A high percentage of the waves I have seen are of the "Cool! I'm in Wave! ... uh, now what do I do?" variety.

I have yet to have a really meaningful conversation in wave.

The one thing I have seen people do that I find mildly interesting is play roleplaying games. I no longer play them myself, but I can see where wave might be a good tool for doing so.