•  
Home    Archive

News: For Free, For Everyone, Forever.

00:00:30UncleRobotI know CPR...
18:39:34Chadm1nSpammers must die. Now.
16:56:16Chadm1nAs promised a few weeks ago, Webcomics Community has been upgraded!

Author Topic: Old school advertising exchange  (Read 11938 times)

Offline Gar

• Global Moderator
  • Really quite hairy.
    • Neko the Kitty
Old school advertising exchange
« on: March 01, 2011, 04:33:05 AM »
So a bunch of us are going into local comic shops for Free Comic Book Day to hand out flyers and mini comics and do sketch cards and whatnot, and it occurs to me that there's some good free grassroots advertising going there if we do a real-world banner exchange.

Would anyone be interested in exchanging mini-comics/flyers? I'd be happy enough to print up a bunch of black&white mini-comics and put them in comic shops/college campuses in Dublin if people would return the favour.

Offline Richard

• CT Webcomic Creator
    • InterVerse Comics
Re: Old school advertising exchange
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 10:44:39 PM »
Sounds like a pretty good idea, Gar. We could always try to make things easier on everyone by making a sort of webcomics community packet of fliers and such that we could all take to our respective comic book shops. You know, for all of those that opt in.

Offline Gar

• Global Moderator
  • Really quite hairy.
    • Neko the Kitty
Re: Old school advertising exchange
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 06:20:26 AM »
That's actually a pretty good idea, I can host a zip file of all the PDFs if people want. I'm a few thousand readers away from using up my bandwidth :P

Actually, including some printable flyers/mini comics in your site's 'extras' section might not be a bad idea