•  
Home    Archive

News: Webcomics beget Webcomics!

00:00:30UncleRobotI know CPR...
18:39:34Chadm1nSpammers must die. Now.
16:56:16Chadm1nAs promised a few weeks ago, Webcomics Community has been upgraded!

Author Topic: Feature Article Schedule  (Read 24146 times)

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
  • Easily Confused, Feeble Minded Founder
    • Remedial Comics
Feature Article Schedule
« on: January 08, 2010, 10:01:03 PM »
Our first feature article will be up on Monday. It will appear on the front page and will be repriinted here on the forums for your commentary and discussion.

We are looking at a Monday-Wed-Friday update schedule for articles. If you are interested in writing one, have a topic you want to see covered or have any questions regarding how it will work you can ask here or send me a PM.

If you have a completed article you want to submit then you can upload it somewhere and send me a link to download it in a private message here on the site or you can send it to my e-mail address:

[email protected]

Thanks.  ;)

UPDATE: 5/24/10 So we've settled into a Monday and Friday update now. Seems to be what works best for the site at this juncture. As my schedule fluctuates I may add or reduce update times and I still plan on putting any community projects up on Sunday's but for the most part I'm happy with where we are right now. I'll update again if things change.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 06:30:32 AM by Rob »

Offline Funderbunk

• Просто
    • My DeviantArt
Re: Feature Article Schedule
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 04:21:09 AM »
So...

Any news?
I'm so optimistic, my blood type is 'B Positive'!

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
    • Remedial Comics
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 02:51:35 PM »
I'm still settling in in San Diego. I know 58 days seems like a long time but when youve basically started a whole new life 3000 miles from your old one it takes a little time to get your bearings. I am learning a lot though and of what I'm learning a goodish amount applies to Webcomics. So there will be lots to talk about once I'm ready to talk. Probably not too much longer.

Offline Funderbunk

• Просто
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 06:58:07 AM »
I'm sorry, I must have missed the post where you said you were moving. Otherwise I would have been more patient. I just thought the site died for no reason. My bad, probably.  :-[ Take as much time as you need to adjust, I just moved myself and it's a shitload of work.
I'm so optimistic, my blood type is 'B Positive'!

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
    • Remedial Comics
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 09:47:17 PM »
Yeah I posted it somewhere.... can't remember where but I did a whole series of blogs and stuff on it at Remedial comics. Essentially I moved from Connecticut to San Diego California because the VA (Veterans Administration) classified me as 50% disabled and decided to pay for me to go back to school and get 2 more college degrees.

I already have an A.S. in Criminal Justice - Administration (basically pre-law with a law enforcement management bent) and a B.S. in Justice and Law Administration (pretty much the same thing). I'm back in school at Platt College San Diego to get an A.A.S. in Graphic Design and a B.A. in (probably) 3D Animation. I've got to choose which term 5 and 6 I go to once I finish term 4 which is an intro to all three majors they offer here, Advanced Web Design, Advanced Digital Video and Advanced 3D Animation. I'm really keen on the digital video and I'll get an intro into it in Term 4 (as well as an intro to the other two majors as well) but I'm leaning heavily towards 3D. I already know a lot about video editing and I know less about 3D. But frankly I'd do them both if I had the extra school time and money.

In fact the VA did give me two extra months of benefit over what I needed to finish here. So I may try and talk them into letting me grab at least one and maybe two more classes on the digital video end of things.

Each Term 15 weeks long with 3 five week classes in each. Monday through Friday 1 to 5 PM. No semester breaks, very few holidays and you just go and go and go. One class ends; you take the final, the next day you start the next class. I should be completely done in Feb of 2013 which only seems far away. But I'm taking classes on Illustrator and Photoshop and InDesign. They're even making me draw right now (which is a shame for everyone involved... LOL I just got an assignment back today from the Design Basics teacher who is teaching the class that is making me draw and the assessment begins with "despite your hostility to this project...."). So far it has been very cool.

And the school really seems to be connected too. Since I got here we've had Dreamworks come and talk to us. ILM and Pixar are supposedly on the school advisory board and I just missed DC Comics that came here the week before I started. And apparently there is lots more coming.

Anyway, I've blathered on long enough. I'm going to start writing again soon but I stil have things like switching my registration and drivers license over to take care of. I've actually gotten a tremendous about done in the last 60 days whilst settling in and getting an A in my first class (Digital Production... basically a class on printing, InDesign and an intro to Illustrator). But there are always new things to deal with. Right now I'm trying to secure the new $3,000 computer the VA is buying me so I can work on my 3D stuff at home. The specs are scary.

Thanks for understanding. I'll get back to things soon. Until then please feel free to talk amongst yourselves and it anyone wants to submit anything my in box is always open. :D

So I moved to San Diego in April. Got here April 9th and Started classes on the 12th.