•  
Home    Archive

News: Want to advertise on our front page for FREE? Just go to this thread for details.

00:00:30UncleRobotI know CPR...
18:39:34Chadm1nSpammers must die. Now.
16:56:16Chadm1nAs promised a few weeks ago, Webcomics Community has been upgraded!

Author Topic: Greetings, all.  (Read 3916 times)

Offline Jack Talk Thai

Greetings, all.
« on: November 21, 2014, 12:37:17 PM »
Hello, I'm new here (obviously), and just wanted to say hi...I'm a writer living in NYC, I do occasional voiceover work (my claim to fame currently is that I was a minor bad guy in a GTA game), and I currently write and draw what will end up as a 33-issue superhero webcomic called 'The Ill' (currently at issue #16), using mostly characters I created as a kid, long ago. I listen to stuff like New Order, Frank Sinatra, the Stones, 60's Brit-pop, 80's Brit-pop...pretty much everything but rap and gospel, really. My favorite book(s) are The Stand, The Talented Mr. Ripley...favorite movies are Guys and Dolls (Sinatra!), Run Lola Run...

I know I'm rambling, I never know what to post when it comes to this 'introduce yourself' stuff. At the end of the day I'm just a writer with a story to tell, interested in other writers with stories to tell. We create universe, we evoke emotion through pen and paper, and that's a gift not everyone has. I admire people who DO have the gift and have chosen to share it through platforms like this one. As a fan of comics growing up it feels great to be able to create my own and share them with the world.