•  
Home    Archive

News: Webcomics beget Webcomics!

00:00:30UncleRobotI know CPR...
18:39:34Chadm1nSpammers must die. Now.
16:56:16Chadm1nAs promised a few weeks ago, Webcomics Community has been upgraded!

Author Topic: Site Maintenance Tonight Sunday Jan 17th around 11 PM EST  (Read 5764 times)

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
  • Easily Confused, Feeble Minded Founder
    • Remedial Comics
Site Maintenance Tonight Sunday Jan 17th around 11 PM EST
« on: January 17, 2010, 08:26:43 PM »
Chadm1n asked me to let everyone know that the site and forums will be down for 30-60 minutes tonight around 11 PM EST.

He will be installing the new forum template to replace the woefully broken one I picked. There will be several new features installed with this new forum. Most are features that the forum should have (like a functioning news bar to tell people about site maintenance) but don't because the template I picked is missing like a gajillion lines of code.

Frankly we're lucky we haven't had much more serious issues. But this update should resolve the issue we do have and prevent any new ones. And I'm told we should lose no posts and the forums themselves won't look all that much different.

So cross your fingers and toes tonight and I'll see you on the other side of the black hole.  ;)

Offline Chadm1n

• Administrator
  • Up, up and... uh-oh...
    • Remedial Comics
Re: Site Maintenance Tonight Sunday Jan 17th around 11 PM EST
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 12:28:39 AM »
Hi All,

Maintenance is now complete. I apologize for the 1-hour starting delay - I ran into a small hiccup just prior to applying the changes and wanted to make certain all was well before I pressed forward.

If you notice anything unusual or broken, please let me know. I think I tested everything well beforehand, but it is entirely possible that I missed something along the way.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

-cec

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
    • Remedial Comics
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 03:40:38 AM »
I got a message from that the .png that was uploaded to our servers in this thread was not visible. I received the message about a little after 1 am. The message with the .png image attached to the post is the third post in this thread.

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
    • Remedial Comics
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 03:41:16 AM »
And thanks for all the hard work man. Sorry it didn't go smoother but things definitely seem to be  bit more stable now.  ;)