•  
Home    Archive

News: Our Community Comic "Gunbaby" is and always will be open for submissions. Any submissions received will run on the site front page on Sundays.

00:00:30UncleRobotI know CPR...
18:39:34Chadm1nSpammers must die. Now.
16:56:16Chadm1nAs promised a few weeks ago, Webcomics Community has been upgraded!

Author Topic: Art up in this piece: Post the last two thing's you've drawn  (Read 254911 times)

Offline KidGalactus

• Shot first
    • SpencerRanch
Art up in this piece: Post the last two thing's you've drawn
« on: January 18, 2010, 10:50:19 PM »

I think the title's pretty self-explanatory. This thread's all about getting some art up in this piece!

I get the feeling that even though the board's grown by leaps and bounds, everybody's pretty guarded or super-serious or something. So why don't we all let our respective hairs down, head hair, preferably... and share some art. Even if you don't think you're good at drawing. Even if you're not the artist on your strip. The idea is to get to know eachother a little better through something we all have in common.

Simple rules. The last two things you've drawn along with a line or two of text. No matter what they are, though, for what it's worth I tend to think 'the sillier the better'.

A story idea I've been kicking around. It's about a character based on a friend of mine and lots of monsters.

Mandy and Alan from my comic ClockJumpers. Alan is a dinosaur. Mandy, of course, is his niece.

Alright. Now your turn!

Offline raerae

• DA
Re: Art up in this piece: Post the last two thing's you've drawn
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 11:51:00 PM »

I actually just finished this. First time in over a year I inked digitally.

...The main characters of my new project are named Javanshin and Razin(Rah-zen). Nicknamed rather unfortunately.
RaeRae

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
  • Easily Confused, Feeble Minded Founder
    • Remedial Comics
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 04:50:05 AM »
Uh... as stated I'm not an artist. I don't draw for fun. My comics take me a ridiculously long time... because I suck. But, since you asked... the last two things I drew were my last two BWBD comics.

Last weeks.

And this weeks, just posted.

If you want to know what the sign with the bear on it in panel one says you can either go to the site and look at it in our expanding flash viewer (also the comics in general are slightly larger and easier to read over there than these) or you can read on.

It says "Child must be this tall to not die in the ball pit." and the teddy bear is saying "Don't Die!"

« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 04:53:18 AM by Rob »

Offline Nuke

• Underling Comic
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 06:16:15 AM »
Man, I've been putting so much time into my comic that I really haven't been drawing compulsively.

Ummm, let's see, here's a piece of lineart from a comic:

And here's a doodle of an NPC for a steampunk gurps game I'm working out for the summer:

Please don't feed the ancient deities.

Offline Alectric

• Estrangel
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 05:31:46 PM »
I didn't want to be left out, so I went and drew these during classes instead of taking notes. :P

They are in pencil, but the contrast is increased for your viewing ease.

First I have my two main characters in what I attempted to make a Manga-esque style.

Next I have a MAJOR SPOILER FOR MY COMIC OMG I SHOULD NOT BE POSTING THIS...kinda.  You can only speculate as to what it means, and you'll probably forget about it by the time it actually gets introduced. ::)

Oh, and extra points to me since my pencil's eraser was already completely worn away. :D

Offline Yamino

• Patron Saint of Pregnant Nuns
    • Sister Claire: Pregnant Nun, Holy Crap!
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 06:32:46 AM »
I won't post my last SC comic page, because technically I only colored it yesterday. (And you can see it on my site, anyway! XD) The actual drawing was done weeks ago.

However, I HAVE been doing a ton of concept art for my band, Freen in Green. Today is our guitarist's birthday, so I drew him this:

Original sketch for the sketch is here. I like how the later version looks, a lot more energetic.

I also did an animated gif of Smoker (my character, who is the vocalist/Genie of the magic Freen in Green Marble)

Technically that's more like 10 drawings, but... ehn. XD  I love how animations look but I HATE MAKING THEMMMM.

Offline Xade

• I am woman, hear me purr.
    • Insanity of Xade
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 08:29:09 AM »
Yamino, that is awesome, but might I make a suggestion on your animated gif, slow it down so she is keeping a true beat and moving at a realistic speed. I know what she is parodying, (though I forget exactly what but I have seen it and know of it) and she's moving way too fast to be real and it distracts from the actual work that you did because it is a blur. The last thing I ever drew was Sox in this comic (it really hurt to actually do even that with my wrist but I didnt feel like making a flat 3d model)
and the very last thing I really drew, despite it simply being a traceover of a 3d image, besides the blue bunny's (Daemon) hair which, I did draw without tracing was this comic.

If you really want to be super technical Daemon's texture is the last thing I drew, but that was by zooming in, holding the pen at an odd angle so I would not have to bend the wrist much, and drawing away. This is best looking image of it, although I did remove the pink to his lips and simply changed the white of his lips to a darker pink as it shows here but that was with the mouse ;) I forgot the shader on his shirt on that one but fixed the ones after that. There is a reason behind his coloring but that's a tale for another time.

My Twitter

TakaComics

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 12:16:16 PM »
Argh! The last two things I've drawn are related to my commission stuff (not able to share, sorry) or not fit for this board (there's a bit of nudity, check my DeviantArt.) So I'll leave you with this.

Deadpool on the Intarwebz.

Also, a link to a wallpaper from my comic. It was a while ago, but hey. Gimme a break.

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
    • Remedial Comics
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 01:08:52 PM »
Nice Deadpool.  ;)

Offline Funderbunk

• Просто
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2010, 01:16:28 PM »
I think we can all agree that Deadpool is awesome no matter who draws him, but you did a good job.
I'm so optimistic, my blood type is 'B Positive'!

Offline GaborBoth

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2010, 01:36:44 PM »
Allright, I uploaded two pieces of crap just so I can post here :P

I was trying out character designs... (ugh)

And art class homework.
,,People never grow up, they just learn how to act in public."

Offline Mari

• Mari Orange Studio
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2010, 02:34:36 PM »
Ever start procrastinating while you're already engaged in procrastinating? I have a bad case of it today.

edit: whoops! This is ...most likely the 2nd to last thing I drew:
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 05:54:32 PM by Mari »

Offline ran

• Oh so tired.
    • brainspill
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2010, 06:28:23 PM »
The second last thing I've drawn is this picture of my interpretation of poison ivy:

And the last thing I drew I will have to post when I get home and can access my desktop!

Scratch that, here it is:

« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 11:22:28 AM by ran »

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
    • Remedial Comics
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2010, 08:11:59 PM »
Wow Mari and Ran. Nice.

Offline ran

• Oh so tired.
    • brainspill
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2010, 11:24:30 AM »
Hahah, thanks. Went back and added that second piece in. Gotta jet now, gonna be late for work.