•  
Home    Archive

News: Want to advertise on our front page for FREE? Just go to this thread for details.

00:00:30UncleRobotI know CPR...
18:39:34Chadm1nSpammers must die. Now.
16:56:16Chadm1nAs promised a few weeks ago, Webcomics Community has been upgraded!

Author Topic: Tutorials?  (Read 12224 times)

Offline Xade

• I am woman, hear me purr.
    • Insanity of Xade
Tutorials?
« on: January 20, 2010, 07:33:20 AM »
Do you think we need a tutorial forum, I for one love sharing my knowledge about what I know,  We could have tutorial forums under web design, art, 3ding, a whole bunch of things, actually. Even how to effectively gain readers due to selective advertising and when to advertise. I could do a css menu tutorial to start out.....

Note, we would have to have standards on the tutorials, like at least 3 pictures, ease of readability, ect. And if you feel the need to "hire" a tutorial mod I would be only too happy to step up to the plate. ^_^

My Twitter

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
  • Easily Confused, Feeble Minded Founder
    • Remedial Comics
Re: Tutorials?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 09:58:10 AM »
This entire site is a tutorial forum. Seriously... that's the main reason we are here. Tutorials related to art or web design would go in the art or web design sections. Unless of course they are feature articles. Then they would be in the feature articles section. If you submit an article for the front page the staff and I review it before posting (mostly to make sure it is in English and the links work assuming there are any). If you simply wish to submit a tutorial to the appropriate section of the forum bypassing the main articles that is ok too.

All of that inspires discussion about webcomics and that is what were are here for. To learn about webcomics.

You aren't the first person to suggest a little more complexity to the forums. Many others feel we have too many categories as it is. For right now I'm happy where it is. We are new and still pretty young. More rooms may be built later as population and information increases.

As for staff, so far we are doing ok I think. I'm kind of hoping to see the staff appointed already posting a LOT more than they are now and until I resolve that issue I'm not inclined to add anyone new just yet. Thanks for the offer though and I'll keep it in mind. And yes I know the news bar is saying something about us looking for help on the site. I'll have to see if I can fix that.

Thanks.  ;)

Offline Xade

• I am woman, hear me purr.
    • Insanity of Xade
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 01:03:20 PM »
oh, okay, well then, when I get a chance I will make one in the website design forum. How about a tag system where you can tag the post as a tutorial or at least a tutorial message icon?

My Twitter

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
  • Easily Confused, Feeble Minded Founder
    • Remedial Comics
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 03:02:13 PM »
Everything on the forum is part of the forums search system. However a custom icon might be something we could do later on. A few bigger fish to fry right now.  ;)