•  
Home    Archive

News: Our Community Comic "Gunbaby" is and always will be open for submissions. Any submissions received will run on the site front page on Sundays.

00:00:30UncleRobotI know CPR...
18:39:34Chadm1nSpammers must die. Now.
16:56:16Chadm1nAs promised a few weeks ago, Webcomics Community has been upgraded!

Author Topic: Staple!  (Read 12126 times)

Offline amanda

• Global Moderator
  • Braaawk!
    • Salt the Holly
Staple!
« on: January 21, 2010, 08:01:07 PM »
Hi!  Austin's Independent Media Expo - called Staple! - is coming to town March 6.  It's a one-day convention that showcases any independent media.  There are a bunch of webcomickers out there as well as freelance artists, people with Etsy shops, etc.  A fun little group, to be sure.  Anyway, all the tables are sold out, but tickets to get in are only $5.  If you're in the area, it's worth checking out.

I'll be wandering around with some friends (alas, I didn't get to the table in time).  Uncle Staple, the brains behind the operation, is an awesome person and webcomic connoisseur.
/

Offline amanda

• Global Moderator
  • Braaawk!
    • Salt the Holly
Re: Staple!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 01:39:18 PM »
Staple! is a week from today!  I might be the only person in the area, but if I'm not, and you're going, let me know.  We can high five one another.
/

Offline zieglarf

• KiDD and GEEZER
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 09:31:33 PM »
A little late, but I was at STAPLE! set-up next to Samantha Wikan of 'Lifes A Witch'.

I thought y'all had a table over in the other room. I remember Samantha saying you were there.

Offline amanda

• Global Moderator
  • Braaawk!
    • Salt the Holly
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 11:43:40 PM »
Awww, I would have liked to have seen Samantha again.  Alas, Jess and I had something come up and were unable to attend.  Austin Comic Con and Dallas Webcomic Expo, though?  Those are ON! ^.^

Since you were there, Zieglarf, how did it go?  What was your experience like?
/