•  
Home    Archive

News: Webcomics beget Webcomics!

00:00:30UncleRobotI know CPR...
18:39:34Chadm1nSpammers must die. Now.
16:56:16Chadm1nAs promised a few weeks ago, Webcomics Community has been upgraded!

Author Topic: Is Your Local Comic Book Store Webcomic Friendly?  (Read 43837 times)

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
  • Easily Confused, Feeble Minded Founder
    • Remedial Comics
Re: Is Your Local Comic Book Store Webcomic Friendly?
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2010, 04:52:26 PM »
My friends from Rooster Teeth are right down town near the capital.

Then again I think maybe they recently bought a building... so maybe they moved.

But I was in Austen last year and it really is ridiculously well kept. I've never seen such well maintained and well decorated highway off ramps in my life.

The star of Texas is literally on everything. It's like it's some kind of unspoken law or something. You MUST have the star of Texas (or in lieu of that the Marshall Shield) on EVERYTHING.

Offline Cary

• I like monkeys!
    • Dynagirl
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2010, 04:58:52 PM »
My friends from Rooster Teeth are right down town near the capital.

Then again I think maybe they recently bought a building... so maybe they moved.

But I was in Austen last year and it really is ridiculously well kept. I've never seen such well maintained and well decorated highway off ramps in my life.

The star of Texas is literally on everything. It's like it's some kind of unspoken law or something. You MUST have the star of Texas (or in lieu of that the Marshall Shield) on EVERYTHING.

Dude our forefathers worked HARD for that star! We like it! :)

But yeah man Austin is a GREAT city and I love it like no place I've ever lived. The music scene is SO awesome and I don't play music for shit, I just like listening to it. The indy comics scene is really strong and getting stronger all the time as well. Pretty much anything arts related is booming in Austin and the people are so supportive, at least outside the comic shops. That seems kinda backwards...but hey we'll get feet in the door somehow!

Offline wendyw

• Gilbert and the Grim Rabbit
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2010, 05:41:50 PM »
Our nearest comic store is a branch of Travelling Man. As well as having the likes of Perry Bible Fellowship and Penny Arcade in their normal stock they have a 'small press' section which has everything from freebie photocopied comics to pretty professionally put together things, which is really awesome.

Unfortunatlely our nearest comic store is also in the second nearest city from us.