•  
Home    Archive

News: Want to advertise on our front page for FREE? Just go to this thread for details.

00:00:30UncleRobotI know CPR...
18:39:34Chadm1nSpammers must die. Now.
16:56:16Chadm1nAs promised a few weeks ago, Webcomics Community has been upgraded!

Author Topic: Shattered Myth  (Read 5873 times)

Offline Cebronix

• Shattered Myth - They Don't Make Gods Like They Used To
Shattered Myth
« on: January 24, 2010, 08:55:48 PM »
Hey all. Please check out my strip at http://www.shatteredmyth.com  It's a longform story in quick-hit 4 panel format. I'm sitting at 150 strips or so and I think I'm getting better. It only switched to color after strip #100 but I'm been slowly going back and coloring the rest. Give me some feedback if you would, I'm new to the webcomics community but loving the comradery and it's been a great ride so far.

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
  • Easily Confused, Feeble Minded Founder
    • Remedial Comics
Re: Shattered Myth
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 05:54:35 AM »
The color really makes a difference. The comic is much more vibrant now. My main comic, Remedy is long form at 3 panels per. Do you find you have as much trouble as I do moving the story along at such small increments (yours is a panel longer I realize)?

Offline Cebronix

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 07:03:18 AM »
It's incredibly hard. Some of them get dialog-heavy just trying to tell the story before the pop/joke/cliffhanger comes. I've also taken to squeezing more panels into the same space. I think my record is 7 or 8, but I have to draw so much smaller and the quality suffers. If I can get my speed up, I may bump it to a double size strip.

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
  • Easily Confused, Feeble Minded Founder
    • Remedial Comics
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 01:04:22 PM »
If I can get my speed up, I may bump it to a double size strip.

Which creates site issues if your site isn't set up to scale to the size of the comic. Yeah, I've been there... am there. It's a tough spot but I've picked my format and I'm going to stick with it.  :-\

Offline Cebronix

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 02:28:03 PM »
Yeah. I actually re-designed my site around ep. #100 because it didn't expand if I did a larger strip.