•  
Home    Archive

News: Webcomics beget Webcomics!

00:00:30UncleRobotI know CPR...
18:39:34Chadm1nSpammers must die. Now.
16:56:16Chadm1nAs promised a few weeks ago, Webcomics Community has been upgraded!

Author Topic: Poorcraft  (Read 17058 times)

Offline GaborBoth

Poorcraft
« on: January 25, 2010, 01:20:57 PM »
Some of you may have heard of it, but there is always somebody who hasn't, so here I post it. (It fits into this section the most) There is a book coming up (comic book, by the way) about how you can avoid being a "starving artist" and manage a comfortable life even if you don't make much money.
I'll let the video speak for itself, it is very interesting.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ironspike/poorcraft-a-comic-book-guide-to-frugal-urban-and
,,People never grow up, they just learn how to act in public."

Offline raerae

• DA
Re: Poorcraft
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 01:29:07 PM »
Ah, I remember that! I was going to pledge while it was going on, but then emergencies happened. I'll definitely be buying it. Spike has some pretty good advice in another forum I frequent.
RaeRae

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
  • Easily Confused, Feeble Minded Founder
    • Remedial Comics
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 03:36:52 PM »
I was teasing Spike about this awhile back in someone's UStream and I think he got mad at me. I didn't mean to make him mad. I'm just a bad monkey on the internet sometimes.  :'(

I like the idea but one thing to make clear is that it isn't directed at webcomics or even artists in general (he told me this himself after I suggested I might be too poor to buy Poorcraft... ah the obvious jokes are really the best sometimes aren't they?). It's just a general guide to living well cheaply.

I don't know how to feel about Kickstart though. I've heard some bad things and have gotten a rather fearful vibe from it. I'd like to know more though.... maybe when I have some time I'll go digging for some facts to dispel the rumors.  :-\

Offline Pete

• Bardsworth
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 03:57:16 PM »
I was teasing Spike about this awhile back in someone's UStream and I think he got mad at me. I didn't mean to make him mad. I'm just a bad monkey on the internet sometimes.  :'(

Just so you don't bring down any further ire, Spike is female.  It's a common mistake.

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
  • Easily Confused, Feeble Minded Founder
    • Remedial Comics
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 08:27:10 PM »

Just so you don't bring down any further ire, Spike is female.  It's a common mistake.

You know I knew that.. and completely forgot when writing this.

I need some sleep.  :P

Offline Miluette

• "I have darkness inside of me!" ~SpongeBob
    • Hub
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 11:00:34 AM »
I pledged. It's gonna be awesome. Poorcraft truly is an art... the art of living frugally. It's something people have to know these days, amidst a life that tells you you need everything.

So far I've seen nothing but awesome things relating to Kickstarter, too.