•  
Home    Archive

News: For Free, For Everyone, Forever.

00:00:30UncleRobotI know CPR...
18:39:34Chadm1nSpammers must die. Now.
16:56:16Chadm1nAs promised a few weeks ago, Webcomics Community has been upgraded!

Author Topic: An intro  (Read 5802 times)

Offline TheCow

• The Cow (A Superhero Comic)
An intro
« on: January 27, 2010, 11:22:02 PM »
Hi there, apologies if I ramble or anything, I'm rather tired but I'm posting anyway.

My name is Mike, I do The Cow (www.thecowcomic.com.) It's a superhero comedy comic inspired by everything from The Tick to The Venture Bros. to the Justice League International era of the Justice League comics. And yeah, it started out as a parody of The Crow, but its really kind of come into it's own.

I started doing webcomics in 2003. Sockpuppet Asylum ran for about three and a half years (and 1000 comics, give or take,) before I got frustrated of making every rookie mistake possible, I scrapped it and rebooted with a new version of Sockpuppet Asylum. While there were less problems, I felt like I was retreading old material. Every October in Sockpuppet, my main character told a story about a superhero, The Cow. I had so many ideas for superhero stories, I scrapped Sockpuppet again and went to work on The Cow and it's been the most fun I've had yet.

When I'm not staying up obscenely late to ink new pages, I work at a grocery store (recently ranked the #3 best company to work for in the country) and . . . well, to be honest, that's about it. Oh, and I met Trevor (of TakaComics) a few years back because I mistook him for my girlfriend. It was . . . awkward . . . . We don't speak about it . . . .  Er, what I meant to say was that I know Trevor (of TakaComics) and when I checked out his articles, I decided to hop in and join the forum. I tend to lurk, but who knows, I might actually shoot off my mouth from time to time.

Soooooo, yeah . . . comments? Questions? Pointing out hugemongous spelling errors on my part?

TakaComics

Re: An intro
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 12:23:11 AM »
You should have said "I know Trevor through friends" and left it, but your intro works too! Glad to have you here!

Offline Funderbunk

• Просто
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 04:18:42 AM »
Welcome! Your comic looks pretty good!
I'm so optimistic, my blood type is 'B Positive'!

Offline TheCow

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 05:33:38 AM »
You should have said "I know Trevor through friends" and left it, but your intro works too! Glad to have you here!

I know, but I figured I'd start out making an idiot out of myself, thus setting expectations low.

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
  • Easily Confused, Feeble Minded Founder
    • Remedial Comics
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 10:21:12 AM »
Welcome to the party. Any friend of Trevor's...
Probably mistook him for their girlfriend.
 ;D

TakaComics

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 11:00:56 AM »
Welcome to the party. Any friend of Trevor's...
Probably mistook him for their girlfriend.
 ;D

Just to let you know, "Oh god, you're a dude!" became a catchphrase at a con we both tabled at.  :P

Offline jeffa

• Galactic Beacon
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 01:38:41 PM »
I love your art style.

It's what my comic would look like if I could draw!  ;)

I'm a big fan of black and white. Are you inking digitally or with brush/pen?

jeffa

Offline TheCow

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 03:10:45 PM »
Hey Trev, with the new haircut, I am no longer mistaken for a woman! . . . . Instead, I'm mistaken for a 15-year old and carded at R rated movies . . . (And for alcohol, if I ever drank . . . )

And I ink with Micron and Sharpie markers. I do my pages in pencil, then trace them on a new piece of paper with a lightbox (easier than cleaning up scans, I've found.) The only thing I really do on the computer is panel borders and lettering. Oh, and coloring whenever I color (usually just chapter covers.)