•  
Home    Archive

News: Want to get your Webcomic Site reviewed by a professional? Volunteer your site for review in this thread!

00:00:30UncleRobotI know CPR...
18:39:34Chadm1nSpammers must die. Now.
16:56:16Chadm1nAs promised a few weeks ago, Webcomics Community has been upgraded!

Author Topic: onSite Reviews: sacredgroundscomic.com  (Read 19866 times)

Offline Westly

• Sacred Grounds Comic
Re: onSite Reviews: sacredgroundscomic.com
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2010, 12:29:59 PM »
Ooooooh yeah.

Now I remember why I didn't go with ComicPress...

Apparently the Deluxe Hosting on GoDaddy doesn't allow for it.

Oh well, back to ye olde drawing tablet.  Thanks for the suggestion though!

Offline jeffa

• Galactic Beacon
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2010, 01:30:54 PM »
I'm not a ComicPress user, so take this with a cup of salt of course... I am a GoDaddy user, however.

With GoDaddy there are apps they install for you (like WordPress) and apps you can install yourself (like WordPress-if-you-install-it-yourself).

I'm wondering if what you ran into was with their install vs. installing it yourself.

If it was with using the WordPress install they did, you probably could get help here from someone who uses ComicPress a lot.

Like I said, I'm not a ComicPress user, but from your description I thought you might still have hope of getting it to work...

Good luck either way.

Offline Westly

• Sacred Grounds Comic
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2010, 04:07:44 PM »
It simply says "Not compatible"

Now, the funny part is, I KNOW I've installed comic press on there before, and it functioned properly.  But I've not been able to get it to work since. 

I've contacted their support, if I don't hear anything back by the time I go home from work, I'll give them a ring.  I don't mind hanging out on the phone for a while...

I've just found a great way to inspire myself to DRAW the bloody comic, so, here's hoping I have more in the future!