•  
Home    Archive

News: Want to advertise on our front page for FREE? Just go to this thread for details.

00:00:30UncleRobotI know CPR...
18:39:34Chadm1nSpammers must die. Now.
16:56:16Chadm1nAs promised a few weeks ago, Webcomics Community has been upgraded!

Author Topic: Stickers?  (Read 14759 times)

Offline TheCow

• The Cow (A Superhero Comic)
Stickers?
« on: February 02, 2010, 11:59:53 PM »
A question. Does anyone know of any good places that will make stickers? I'm looking for something quality, perhaps even "bumper sticker" quality. Especially if they make those black and white oval stickers that denote some kind of destination. (Like "NYC" for New York City, that kind of stuff.)

I have a few sticker ideas, and I'm just wondering if anyone has had any good (or bad) experiences they'd like to share.

Offline raerae

• DA
Re: Stickers?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 12:55:49 AM »
Printsess, formerly Paperforest has some very nice stickers. I haven't used them myself yet, but bought a couple from other artists.

Stand Out Stickers just opened and I recently got samples from them. I think I like Printsess better, but their stickers are still very nice.
RaeRae

Offline Pete

• Bardsworth
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 10:11:47 AM »
In my limited experience, stickers do not sell well.  I think in general the problem is that stickers are too "one time use".  Buttons are great sellers because you can put them wherever, and I know patches were in for a while (though I don't know if they still are), but I don't know too many people that do well with stickers.  If there are, please speak up and put me in my place!

The ones I got way back were from CafePress, but I won't recommend those because you'll be paying too much for them (although the quality was pretty good).

Offline TheCow

• The Cow (A Superhero Comic)
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 11:28:28 AM »
I like stickers more than buttons personally because I always lose buttons. (I used to put buttons on my sketchbook bag, and I lost seven of the eight I had on there.)

Plus, the idea I had is to parody these kinds of stickers, but instead of having real destinations, I'd have "WSG" for Warsong Gulch, or "AB" for Arathi Basin. Basically, make Warcraft versions of the stickers. (If anything else, I have about a dozen people outside of the conventions that would want them.)

I don't think it's really going to be a big money making idea, but it's something fun I wanted to try.

Printess looks pretty nice, but they don't seem to have the kind I'm looking for, and Stand Out Stickers has a ridiculous minimum order which I can't afford. (125 minimum at 1.95 each = almost 200 . . . O_o) I'm just looking to make like, two dozen. I may eventually try Cafe Press, since it would be 2.70 per sticker in a pack of 10 . . . Then again . . . Hrm.

Thanks for the suggestions\comments though.

Offline raerae

• DA
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 12:31:57 PM »
I've seen other bumper sticker sites(google 'Custom Stickers' and you'll get a ton), but most have minimum orders and I don't know anyone that tried them. The only stickers I got were from Zazzle, and those were only because I had a $10 off coupon. I sold my funny ones rather decently.
RaeRae

Offline Miluette

• "I have darkness inside of me!" ~SpongeBob
    • Hub
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 02:45:09 PM »
Aww, Printsess is gonna come in handy someday. <3 I love little charms and jewelry, and making my own would be aaaawesome...

Offline NoRights

• What's the haps?
    • No-Rights Productions
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 09:55:07 PM »
In my limited experience, stickers do not sell well.  I think in general the problem is that stickers are too "one time use".
They're a decent value add and excellent giveaway item though. (Which is really what buttons and stickers work best as) I had some printed up at Sticker Guy with a pinup design and my URLs awhile back that I never had a problem handing out. Almost everybody will say yes if you ask "care for a free sticker?"
-Ben