•  
Home    Archive

News: Want to advertise on our front page for FREE? Just go to this thread for details.

00:00:30UncleRobotI know CPR...
18:39:34Chadm1nSpammers must die. Now.
16:56:16Chadm1nAs promised a few weeks ago, Webcomics Community has been upgraded!

Author Topic: Reddit!  (Read 16715 times)

Offline 3XLT

• Tales of the Big City
Reddit!
« on: February 10, 2010, 10:20:48 AM »
Hey everyone.

I was perusing the web trying to find ways of increasing traffic and came across this forum post http://www.webcomics.com/forum/post/961406. They basically discuss posting your comic to Reddit's comic section here http://www.reddit.com/r/comics. I listed mine this morning and have seen a significant boost it traffic in just a few hours.

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
  • Easily Confused, Feeble Minded Founder
    • Remedial Comics
Re: Reddit!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 10:44:35 AM »
I know a lot of folks use places like Reddit. I think we have their logo and an account made but I don't think we post the actual comics to this section you mentioned. Thanks for the heads up.  ;)

Offline Alectric

• Estrangel
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 04:23:20 PM »
I gave it a try and wow so many visits!  But no comments or advertisers, and they're all pretty much gone by now, so I don't know if it amounted to very much.  Hopefully a few of them liked my comic and intend to follow it.

Offline Cebronix

• Shattered Myth - They Don't Make Gods Like They Used To
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 08:25:31 PM »
I tried it a few times but never saw much of a spike past the first day I posted. Every update after that got minimal hits. No comments and no Plus Ups made me abandon it.

Offline Miluette

• "I have darkness inside of me!" ~SpongeBob
    • Hub
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 10:35:18 PM »
Reddit hates longform webcomics.

HAET

Offline D.Z.

• Panthera
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 10:22:46 PM »
Won't keep me from trying this anyway. :p

Offline Dudley

• Dtoons Productions
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 12:15:09 PM »
I just tried using Reddit, and I got a huge jump, just like ya'll said. I'm expecting it to plummet as well, but the way I see it, you have to notify Reddit each time you comic, maybe it'll stay up or even rise. I haven't tried it yet, but I plan to.

Offline Gar

• Global Moderator
  • Really quite hairy.
    • Neko the Kitty
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 05:55:37 AM »
Just did a reddit thingy

It's at

http://www.reddit.com/r/comics/comments/d2yf4/neko_the_kitty_sucks_at_being_a_superhero/

if anyone wants to upvote/comment  ;)

Offline UncleRobot

• Waste The Day!
    • Uncle Robot Presents
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2012, 02:27:50 AM »
As others have already commented above, most reddit clicks are not sticky traffic.  People come, read and never return.  The nice thing about reddit is the shear volume of traffic it can provide, and from that you get the occasional sticky.  I was lucky enough to be on Google Analytics Realtime just after I posted one of the strips to Reddit and was watching traffic.  What I didn't know until later was that one of the redditers saw the strip and then went to another site and posted about it there.  That subsequent site has given us a great amount of sticky traffic and some merchandising revenue.

I would argue that any traffic is good traffic, and point out that you never know where your best fans might come from.  Also, 'Vorto' is a long-form comic.

Uncle Robot