•  
Home    Archive

News: Webcomics beget Webcomics!

00:00:30UncleRobotI know CPR...
18:39:34Chadm1nSpammers must die. Now.
16:56:16Chadm1nAs promised a few weeks ago, Webcomics Community has been upgraded!

Author Topic: Pimping My NEW Comic and Sci Fi Anthology  (Read 4643 times)

Offline jeffa

• Galactic Beacon
Pimping My NEW Comic and Sci Fi Anthology
« on: February 14, 2010, 08:56:17 PM »
I FINALLY have my newest venture up and running. http://galacticbeacon.com

This is a Science Fiction anthology tailored for eReaders like the Kindle that includes a webcomic.

I am very interested in feedback on this one.

The type of comic was determined by what would look good on a Kindle/Nook/Sony eReader, etc: black and white, single panel, slightly taller than wide.

The site includes the webcomic for free, and I will sell the anthology that includes science fiction and fantasy stories with essays and comics.

Let me know what you think.

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
  • Easily Confused, Feeble Minded Founder
    • Remedial Comics
Re: Pimping My NEW Comic and Sci Fi Anthology
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 01:56:08 AM »
I personally don't know diddly about e-readers. So there isn't much I can tell you there. Looks like you have a good start on a new project though. Congrats.

I have a question about your Amazon store though. The "Galactic Bazaar." Is that an area on your site where you are just recommending stuff to people in general or is that one of those accounts that, if people go through there to buy stuff from Amazon, you get a small chunk of the revenue?

I've wanted to make one of those stores myself but I've never quite figured out how to pull it off. If it does generate revenue and you write book and movie reviews (and games and TV shows) like I do then it could be a nice little money maker if you have the traffic.

Good luck on the new venture.

Offline jeffa

• Galactic Beacon
Re: Pimping My NEW Comic and Sci Fi Anthology
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 08:39:07 AM »
Thanks, Rob.

My Galactic Bazaar is just a shop with Amazon Associates. Theoretically if someone buys something I get a little bit of cash for it.

I say theoretically until I actually see a check from Amazon...

The real win is if people buy the Kindle edition through there.

I'm also going to set up a Pay Pal option so you can buy the eBooks in various formats directly from my site. That would work with non-Kindle ereaders (ePub and PDF formats).

For what it's worth the site (and Funzietown) both use the comic/blog engine I'm writing in ASP.net MVC. It's not feature-complete yet, but you can see where I'm heading with it.

This is my first serious attempt at web design since 1998 too, so any suggestions anyone has on that front would be appreciated. I'm going to experiment with creating different themes over the next few weeks to see if I find one that looks really good.