•  
Home    Archive

News: Webcomics beget Webcomics!

00:00:30UncleRobotI know CPR...
18:39:34Chadm1nSpammers must die. Now.
16:56:16Chadm1nAs promised a few weeks ago, Webcomics Community has been upgraded!

Author Topic: Business Plans  (Read 12274 times)

Offline LegendWoodsman

Business Plans
« on: February 21, 2010, 05:55:14 PM »
Has anyone written up their business plan for their webcomic?

I've been wrestling with the business plan for a while. Looking at how my webcomic will offer something different from other webcomics, the "elevator pitch", and what goals I want to accomplish in business. With my first comic, I tried to convert a hobby into a business and felt that maybe I struggled because I put the cart in front of the horse. This time, I'd like to plan where I'm going with this.

Offline raerae

• DA
Re: Business Plans
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 02:03:38 AM »
For my new webcomic, I'm trying to do this. It does help that I think it's more marketable in general compared to my previous ones.
RaeRae

Offline Miluette

• "I have darkness inside of me!" ~SpongeBob
    • Hub
Re: Business Plans
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 08:36:35 AM »
I have a business plan I wrote for my freelance business in a class in 2006. I just spent the last couple hours revising it, since I have a much better idea of what I can do and just how to do it now.

I'm adding in sections specific to my comics, because to have that nailed down in such an official way would probably help me lots. I already have things like promo materials for my comics, taglines, elevator pitches, etc... They're just not organized in a formal document like the rest of my business stuff. Now's the time!