•  
Home    Archive

News: Our Community Comic "Gunbaby" is and always will be open for submissions. Any submissions received will run on the site front page on Sundays.

00:00:30UncleRobotI know CPR...
18:39:34Chadm1nSpammers must die. Now.
16:56:16Chadm1nAs promised a few weeks ago, Webcomics Community has been upgraded!

Author Topic: Hey there!  (Read 4531 times)

Offline Dragon Powered

• Senior Web Correspondent
  • Administrator
  • Fractured
    • Dragon Powered
Hey there!
« on: February 22, 2010, 08:54:43 PM »
Hello everyone, my name is JD Larson.  After looking over this site for a bit I decided I should write up a thoughtful and detailed introduction, but instead I'm just going to dive in here without any forethought at all.

I was referred here by J Gray, of Mysteries of the Arcana.  He told me this is a place I really needed to visit, because you all and I would have so much in common.  So here I am.

A little about me:
I don't have a current webcomic.  I will be doing new pages for J Gray's comic 2nd Shift, however.
I program, and have built a website delivery system designed for webcomics.  Mysteries of the Arcana runs on it.  It's a way of having a lot of functionality built into a website without having to install multiple programs, like blog software, forums, etc.  It's all built in and can handle almost any kind of website.  I'll talk about it more some other time, if anyone is interested, right now I'm just saying hi.

Hi!

Oh, I guess I should post up some example of my drawing since I'll be doing a webcomic shortly.  Here you go, she likes her treasure...

She's not a specific character, I'm just trying to get back in practice.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 09:02:05 PM by Dragon Powered »

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
  • Easily Confused, Feeble Minded Founder
    • Remedial Comics
Re: Hey there!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 09:14:48 PM »
Welcome good sir. If you ever want to write an article about your CMS I will be happy to post it on our front page. You can use our most recent CMS article, Dr. BlkKnight's Comic Reef, as a template for a proper article should you so desire.

http://forum.webcomicscommunity.com/index.php/topic,274.0.html

Always happy to see someone else making alternatives to Comicpress.

Yell if you need anything.  ;)

Offline raerae

• DA
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 09:42:38 AM »
I'd be interested in seeing an article about your CMS too. Although my webdesigner said she'll be making the CMS for my comic herself, it's still nice to see what others are doing. :)
RaeRae

Offline amanda

• Global Moderator
  • Braaawk!
    • Salt the Holly
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 10:29:11 AM »
Awesome, I'm really glad 2nd Shift will be getting new life =D  Welcome to the forums, JD!
/

Offline Dragon Powered

• Senior Web Correspondent
  • Administrator
  • Fractured
    • Dragon Powered
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 11:47:57 AM »
Thanks for the welcome!
I'd love to do a write up about my cms sometime, a bullet-list of the features kind of fills a page by itself, ask J Gray.  I'm adding a couple more features right now, and soon it will weigh more than the Earth itself.  Well, not really.  The risk of a spontaneous black hole is pretty slim.

Thanks Amanda, so glad you're looking forward to 2nd Shift updating.  So, at the risk of incurring the wrath of J, a little giftie for you.  Zoe of 2nd Shift

Offline Dr. BlkKnight

• Global Moderator
  • Community Relations Coordinator
    • Crossing Death
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 11:48:52 AM »
Welcome aboard!

Webcomics Community: The home to all CMS systems other than ComicPress :p.