•  
Home    Archive

News: Our Community Comic "Gunbaby" is and always will be open for submissions. Any submissions received will run on the site front page on Sundays.

00:00:30UncleRobotI know CPR...
18:39:34Chadm1nSpammers must die. Now.
16:56:16Chadm1nAs promised a few weeks ago, Webcomics Community has been upgraded!

Author Topic: Getting a favicon for your site  (Read 12729 times)

Offline Alectric

• Estrangel
Getting a favicon for your site
« on: February 23, 2010, 06:08:28 PM »
It might be useful to have the instructions for making, converting, and inserting a favicon into your website, all neatly shown in an article.  For those that don't know, a favicon is the little image to the left of the url of a website.  I already did it on my own site, but I don't remember it much, and I think it'd be useful to those that haven't, or want to do it for a new site.  It's a nice thing to have for any website, after all.  I got the idea for this after seeing the Webcomics Community get its own favicon just recently.

Offline Dr. BlkKnight

• Global Moderator
  • Community Relations Coordinator
    • Crossing Death
Re: Getting a favicon for your site
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 08:04:50 PM »
It's really just adding

<link rel="icon" href="path to your favicon"/>

in the head section of your web page. Not all that article-worthy.

Offline Alectric

• Estrangel
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 12:37:23 AM »
But there's also a special website that converts your image of a specific size (I wanna say 16x16 pixels) into a ".ico" file.  And I really don't know of any other way to make such a file.  Sure it wouldn't take that much effort to look up, but it'd still be nice to have it all neatly explained for reference.  I was also trying to bring up the topic in general for anyone not aware of it.  I pretty sure a bunch of members don't currently have a favicon for there sites.  I happen to notice that you don't have one for Crossing Death...

Offline Miluette

• "I have darkness inside of me!" ~SpongeBob
    • Hub
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 11:51:07 PM »