•  
Home    Archive

News: Want to get your Webcomic Site reviewed by a professional? Volunteer your site for review in this thread!

00:00:30UncleRobotI know CPR...
18:39:34Chadm1nSpammers must die. Now.
16:56:16Chadm1nAs promised a few weeks ago, Webcomics Community has been upgraded!

Author Topic: Banner Exchange  (Read 11773 times)

Offline Gibson

• Pictures of You
Re: Banner Exchange
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2010, 02:08:25 PM »
The original idea was to do something more like Keenspot does, with a rotating image on each others' sites advertising fellow Keen comics.

The difference is that Keenspace is a group, artists have their comics hosted there by invitation, and they only advertise their own comics in those spaces. Rampage is another group that does it. Sage Comics does the same thing, but they're a collective. This is just a forum community with largely unaffiliated artists who run their own sites. The kind of thing you're talking about is a good idea in general, but in this community that is only connected by a forum, and one that has open membership, would create at least the idea of affiliation among us that doesn't exist.

Offline JGray

• Mysteries of the Arcana
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2010, 03:14:28 PM »
This is true. With anyone being able to join, you might end up recommending comics that you don't personally like or that are a poor fit for your target audience.

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
  • Easily Confused, Feeble Minded Founder
    • Remedial Comics
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2010, 04:56:14 PM »
This is true. With anyone being able to join, you might end up recommending comics that you don't personally like or that are a poor fit for your target audience.

Thus the all volunteer nature of the idea.

It seems to me that the idea of a banner exchange got a pretty resounding no. This idea supports everyone equally. The catch is if you are either all the way in or all the way out.

It looks like there are only 4 or 5 people interested. For that many it hardly seems worth it. And no one has volunteered to design the button.

Simply put; this is all blah blah blah until someone takes action. I'm not doing anything until people put their feet on the line and say "Yes, I want to participate in this. I will create a banner for the page and I will post the WC button on my site and link it to said page."

And then someone has to design the button.

So until all of that happens it's kind of a pointless discussion. It's like trying to decide what you are going to have for dinner when there is no food in the house and no one is hungry anyway.  :P

Offline D.Z.

• Panthera
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2010, 09:54:01 PM »
Well, it was an idea, anyway. :p

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
  • Easily Confused, Feeble Minded Founder
    • Remedial Comics
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2010, 10:30:21 PM »
Don't feel bad dude. Look at all the ideas I float around here that go nowhere.

The problem with me is that I have so many ideas of my own that I can't do everyone else's. So, how much gets done depends on how much folks want to help. It's very democratic.

Keep having your ideas. Keep telling us about them. If we can do it we will. If we can't and you believe in it enough there's nothing stopping you from joining the staff and doing it yourself.  ;)

Offline uncaringmachine

• Hooya!
    • Captain Ahole!
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2010, 09:19:34 AM »
Rob is a genius. Or at least pretty smart. Let's do it.