•  
Home    Archive

News: Want to advertise on our front page for FREE? Just go to this thread for details.

00:00:30UncleRobotI know CPR...
18:39:34Chadm1nSpammers must die. Now.
16:56:16Chadm1nAs promised a few weeks ago, Webcomics Community has been upgraded!

Author Topic: Board Name/Layout Discussions  (Read 5977 times)

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
  • Easily Confused, Feeble Minded Founder
    • Remedial Comics
Board Name/Layout Discussions
« on: January 04, 2010, 08:31:31 PM »
Guys,

So I've got the look set for the most part (we're going to move those buttons up top a bit to compact things eventually) but I need some ideas on category and sub category topic names. Any thoughts on board layout are welcome as well.

Also, anyone want to make small graphics to replace the ones next to each category indicating whether or not there is a new post inside that category? They should be similar in size to the existing ones (just right click, save one and import it to your drawing program if you need to know how big it is) and don't forget you need one in color (for new posts) and one that is faded or black and white (for no new posts). Ask me if you need any clarification of this.

TakaComics

Re: Board Name/Layout Discussions
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 11:45:23 PM »
As for board names, what seems to work in my experience is to separate boards for Art, Writing, Web Design, Business, and Promotion. This keeps promo stuff out of the other boards, and people can have separate places to discuss things without having to sift through a bunch of irrelevant stuff.

Also, a secret board for mods to make fun of other people  ;) j/k

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
  • Easily Confused, Feeble Minded Founder
    • Remedial Comics
Re: Board Name/Layout Discussions
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 11:49:31 PM »
Also, a secret board for mods to make fun of other people   j/k

I already made that.... and if you give me a couple minutes to erase a few posts I can make you an admin or moderator if you prefer and you can join in.  ;D

Your ideas are good ones. I think we can put the "request a site critique" under promotion...

anyone else have any thoughts?