•  
Home    Archive

News: Want to get your Webcomic Site reviewed by a professional? Volunteer your site for review in this thread!

00:00:30UncleRobotI know CPR...
18:39:34Chadm1nSpammers must die. Now.
16:56:16Chadm1nAs promised a few weeks ago, Webcomics Community has been upgraded!

Author Topic: Congratulations to Tara!  (Read 6220 times)

Offline JGray

• Mysteries of the Arcana
Congratulations to Tara!
« on: March 30, 2010, 07:51:32 AM »
Tara Tallan and Galaxion has been nominated for a Joe Schuster Award for Outstanding Canadian Webcomic. She's up against some pretty big names. The nominees this year are:

* Attila Adorjany – Metaphysical Neuroma
* Kate Beaton – Hark! A Vagrant
* Andy Belanger – Bottle of Awesome and Raising Hell
* Rene Engström – Anders Loves Maria
* Karl Kerschl – The Abominable Charles Christopher
* Gisèle Lagacé and David Lumsdon – Eerie Cuties and Ménage à 3
* Tara Tallan – Galaxion
* Steve Wolfhard – Cat Rackham

Congrats, Tara!

Offline NoahRodenbeek

• drawn by mouse
Re: Congratulations to Tara!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 08:06:20 AM »
That's quite a list!  I'm a bit partial to Charles Christopher, but Anders Loves Maria just posted it's final comic this year, it was a pretty intense ending.  My money's on Renee Engstrom.  Congratulations to all of the nominees though!

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
  • Easily Confused, Feeble Minded Founder
    • Remedial Comics
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 08:22:49 AM »
If I had to guess I'd say that Anders Loves Maria is a shoe in. I agree with Noah.

That said, how awesome is it to be nominated?

Congrats Tara... I'd say you deserve it but as far as I'm concerned you aren't putting out updates fast enough... >:(

I've read all of Galaxion and I want more!!!  :-[

All right... then how about this? When I started reading through the archive I got sucked in so thoroughly that Tara basically ruined my plans for like two days straight! >:(

What do you mean these are good things for webcomics to do? I thought webcomics were made so we could just glance at them quickly, get a chuckle and then forget about them. Tara isn't following the rules!

In all seriousness though, congrats. You are in some serious company right there. And you deserve to be.  ;)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 05:45:59 AM by Rob »

Offline ran

• Oh so tired.
    • brainspill
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 12:36:05 PM »
I'll say it again--I was really under the impression that Rene Engström wasn't canadian. O_o

That said, congrats Tara! This is so awesome!  ;D

Offline HarringtonAW

• No! Pagliaccio non son!
    • Spying with Lana
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 09:03:12 PM »
Yeah, congratulations! That's great to see. Maybe if she's up against the big names it means she's becoming a big name!

-S

Offline TTallan

• Galaxion
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 10:33:04 PM »
Awwww! Thanks, you guys!  :D My money's on Kate Beaton, but Rene Engstrom (whom I was told was born in Canada) is my second guess.

Sorry, Rob... I've never been a very speedy artist.  :P Seriously, I spend all the time I have on my comic, and this is as fast as I go. At least it's a schedule I can stick to!

Offline Gibson

• Pictures of You
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 01:56:40 AM »
I am so seething with jealousy I could cry. I hope you win, sincerely, you don't deserve to do any less than the rest of them, more than some. Personally, I think Anders Loves Maria is overrated, but being up there with Karl Kerschl, Kate Beaton and Gisele Lagace is pretty stylish. Congrats!

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
  • Easily Confused, Feeble Minded Founder
    • Remedial Comics
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 05:46:43 AM »
Awwww! Thanks, you guys!  :D My money's on Kate Beaton, but Rene Engstrom (whom I was told was born in Canada) is my second guess.

Sorry, Rob... I've never been a very speedy artist.  :P Seriously, I spend all the time I have on my comic, and this is as fast as I go. At least it's a schedule I can stick to!

Hey, you update way more often than I do.  :-[