•  
Home    Archive

News: Want to advertise on our front page for FREE? Just go to this thread for details.

00:00:30UncleRobotI know CPR...
18:39:34Chadm1nSpammers must die. Now.
16:56:16Chadm1nAs promised a few weeks ago, Webcomics Community has been upgraded!

Author Topic: Intervention Con NEW con focusing on webcomics and other internet stuff  (Read 17144 times)

Offline Travis Surber

• Hainted Holler
http://interventioncon.com/ for registration and all relevent info.It's in Maryland the weekend of sept 10-12 and pre-reg is underway.It's already attracted several big names like Garth Graham(Finders Keepers) and Pete Abrams(Sluggy Freelance).It's also got several newcomers like myself.

Offline Travis Surber

• Hainted Holler
Intervention has gotten Brad Guigar(Evil Inc.) as a confirmed Guest

Offline Kate

• Evolve or Die
    • CyberGen 2027
I'll be in the Artist Room at Intervention. It looks like it'll be a good time - and best of all, focused on webcomics and other web presence. Do you have space in the Artist Room or are you going as a guest or a fan...?

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
  • Easily Confused, Feeble Minded Founder
    • Remedial Comics
Unfortunately we haven't seen Travis in awhile. People do tend to wander in and out around here with about 1 in 10 sticking around and becoming active and another 1 in 10 just using us for a momentary pimp stop and moving on never to return. It happens. But if you see Travis at Intervention tell him to come by some time. We miss him.  ;D

Offline mcfadyn

• Eat lightening, crap thunder!
    • Louder than Bombs
I'd like to see more cons, but the closest we have to us is the Calgary Comic Expo or whatever it's called.  It was my first and only con and I would like to see more.  Not sure if I would like a bigger con necessarily, but I'm willing to check them out.  I MAY be going to Emerald City in March... but who the hell knows that far in advance?
Sometimes, you have to take a step back and access the fact that you're a moron.  What?  Well you ARE.

Offline Travis Surber

• Hainted Holler
Re: Intervention Con NEW con focusing on webcomics and other internet stuff
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 09:32:37 PM »
I'm Back(been super busy and a lot of personal things including having to get a new computer)I'm a guest at Intervention and moderating a panel about Censorship and webcomics

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
    • Remedial Comics
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 09:56:53 PM »
Nice, glad to have you back.

There's censorship in webcomics?  ???

Offline Travis Surber

• Hainted Holler
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 10:45:34 PM »
Internet Artists(comic,video,music,etc...) are the first generation of artists that truly answer to no one in terms of content.No editors,distributors or local laws to worry about.We'll discuss whether or not a set of rules needs to be in place for ourselves,or whether each artist should individually police themselves.We'll also be discussing how the artists censor themselves and what made them come to these decisions.

Offline Gar

• Global Moderator
  • Really quite hairy.
    • Neko the Kitty
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2010, 03:46:15 AM »
I try and keep it PG-13 myself, although nekothekitty.net is blocked in work as 'tasteless'.

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
    • Remedial Comics
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2010, 04:03:53 AM »
I doubt Cockleigh would go over as PG-13 with the MPAA.  ;D