•  
Home    Archive

News: Want to get your Webcomic Site reviewed by a professional? Volunteer your site for review in this thread!

00:00:30UncleRobotI know CPR...
18:39:34Chadm1nSpammers must die. Now.
16:56:16Chadm1nAs promised a few weeks ago, Webcomics Community has been upgraded!

Author Topic: anyone offer suggestions about a POD company?  (Read 4478 times)

Offline Travis Surber

• Hainted Holler
anyone offer suggestions about a POD company?
« on: April 10, 2010, 07:52:01 PM »
Looking to do a book collecting the first 200 strips of Hainted Holler.I like CreateSpace and they've done these books before but they don't seem to offer the landscape orientation I need anymore.Anyone got a POD publisher they can recommend that can get me the books for a reasonable price?

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
  • Easily Confused, Feeble Minded Founder
    • Remedial Comics
Re: anyone offer suggestions about a POD company?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 08:38:05 PM »
Kid Galactus works for a POD I think called KaBlam. Or maybe it isn't a POD. I'm not sure.

I direct you to this thread good sir and suggest you talk to him yourself (Kid G I mean).

http://forum.webcomicscommunity.com/index.php/topic,183.msg1060.html#msg1060

He isn't here every day but he drops by often enough and he might be able to help you out with that.

The only one I know about it LULU and I don't know much about it at all. I think I might actually know almost as much about Ka-Blam from listening to a few minutes of the podcast. 

Offline TTallan

• Galaxion
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 11:02:27 AM »
I used Lightning Source and liked their prices and product (still not as good as offset but certainly among the better PODs I've seen, especially when it comes to the binding). I printed black and white, so I can't really speak to how their colour options compare. And I'm also not sure about landscape printing... you'd have to contact them to find out.

Offline Travis Surber

• Hainted Holler
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 03:26:33 PM »
I say landscape because it's a comic strip and thus longer than it is tall.I see a number of them in bookstores so I'm surprised more publishers don't offer it.They could about corner the market if they beat Lulu's prices