•  
Home    Archive

News: For Free, For Everyone, Forever.

00:00:30UncleRobotI know CPR...
18:39:34Chadm1nSpammers must die. Now.
16:56:16Chadm1nAs promised a few weeks ago, Webcomics Community has been upgraded!

Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 6562 times)

Offline operationremie

• i will no longer post.
Doctor Who
« on: April 26, 2010, 05:57:22 PM »
has anyone been watching the new series? i'm in love with moffat's writing and how karen gillan and matt smith work so perfectly together.

Offline wendyw

• Gilbert and the Grim Rabbit
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 06:59:53 PM »
I was very dubious about Matt Smith when he was first announced, but I take that all back now. He is a brilliant Doctor.
The last episode's cliffhanger is driving me mad currently. I've been trying to guess what's going to happen, but I can't.

Offline operationremie

• i will no longer post.
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 07:07:56 PM »
omg, wendyw. i can never tell what's going to happen when moffat has the pen and paper credits. he's just so brilliant. i just love the direction they are going in and i can't wait to know what else is going to happen.

Offline Gar

• Global Moderator
  • Really quite hairy.
    • Neko the Kitty
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 04:08:00 AM »
I'm loving the new Doctor Who! I was a little wary of Matt Smith at first when he first came in at the end of Tennant's run (I HATED the "Geronimo!" in his introduction), but he's been really good so far. I think the writers are still writing for David Tennant a bit, but Smith is playing it a bit more grumpy and irritable. I also like the design of the new Daleks, but not the way they're multicoloured.

I think the tone's a little closer to the Tom Baker Doctor overall, and it's good to see them actively trying to give kids nightmares, which has always been part of the point of Doctor Who.

I like that the weeping angels are back, and think it's cool that it's a two-parter (possibly three-parter?) I think they're an awesome villain concept and hope they stick with the rules established in this serial when they start cropping up as recurring villains.

Offline operationremie

• i will no longer post.
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 08:58:18 AM »
gar - i kinda like the multicolor daleks. nice homage to peter cushing's run as the doctor, which had the multicolor daleks.

but i think that's the only place i disagree haha

and i'm glad someone else noticed how close it is to Tom Baker (my favorite doctor, even if he was before my time) and his run. i was actually scared in this episode, but not enough to jump behind the couch. but it's definitely going in a good direction, and if moffat is still in charge, it will continue to be done right.

Offline timelike01

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 11:29:27 PM »
I'm not very pleased with the latest season of Doctor Who. Among other things, the show's scientific inaccuracies have gotten even worse. But I do like Amy Pond though.

Offline Gar

• Global Moderator
  • Really quite hairy.
    • Neko the Kitty
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 07:42:18 AM »
It's a show about a precisely human-looking alien who travels through time and space in a semi-sentient spaceship with a busted cloaking device and at least one pocket dimension, I don't think they're really going for scientific accuracy.

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
  • Easily Confused, Feeble Minded Founder
    • Remedial Comics
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2010, 05:56:57 PM »
Do you think their prop master has ever come to the U.S. and walked into a Home Depot or a Lowes and had uncontrollable spasms of ecstasy over all the possible props he/she could make with all the PVC piping and shower curtains?

Offline Largento

• The Wannabe Pirates
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2010, 09:48:32 PM »
Count me among those who thought this series was great and that Matt Smith is excellent as the Doctor. Really enjoyed Moffat's 21st Century Sherlock Holmes update, too.

Offline Gar

• Global Moderator
  • Really quite hairy.
    • Neko the Kitty
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2010, 11:22:06 AM »
Do you think their prop master has ever come to the U.S. and walked into a Home Depot or a Lowes and had uncontrollable spasms of ecstasy over all the possible props he/she could make with all the PVC piping and shower curtains?

They do have DIY shops in the UK you know.

I do like that they're keeping Doctor Who a bit crap. It just wouldn't be Doctor Who if the effects budget matched the scope of the ideas, and if the Doctor didn't solve most of his problems by running away and lying about the resources at his disposal.