•  
Home    Archive

News: Our Community Comic "Gunbaby" is and always will be open for submissions. Any submissions received will run on the site front page on Sundays.

00:00:30UncleRobotI know CPR...
18:39:34Chadm1nSpammers must die. Now.
16:56:16Chadm1nAs promised a few weeks ago, Webcomics Community has been upgraded!

Author Topic: Pitching your idea to other people  (Read 40549 times)

Offline Travis Surber

• Hainted Holler
Re: Pitching your idea to other people
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2010, 07:32:54 PM »
Your whole idea should fit within one or two sentences.That's when you know it's good.
Superman:Last survivor of a doomed world comes to earth and fights crime.
Lord of the Rings:Frodo must save Middle Earth by destroying the one ring in the fires that forged it.
Whipjacks:Modern Urban Fantasy about a team of mercenary supers(my idea i never found an artist for.)

Offline operationremie

• i will no longer post.
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2010, 04:38:35 AM »
i wish i was here for gunbaby.

as for pitching, i actually told a few people the general idea and gave them the overall picture of where i was going with it. i have everything i want to do in my mind but i think starting it out is the real tough part.

for mine, it starts out in the past for like the first 5 pages. then it goes right to the present. it's like a storyline-driven-centric comic that has the occasional comedy thrown in. part of me really doesn't want each strip to always end in comedy. i feel that it should be a storyline that continues to go. (i don't know what you guys think about that though!)

the whole idea and the process is going to be tough. i think once i get my first 5 scripts/pages drawn (really outlined) i'll post them on here for you guys first.

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
  • Easily Confused, Feeble Minded Founder
    • Remedial Comics
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2010, 04:48:54 AM »
The only reason we aren't doing anything with Gunbaby right now is because no one is submitting anything for Gunbaby right now.

I like the idea and backstory so much I might just force beg the artists I'm working with to do something Gunbaby related in the future. But we're still open for Gunbaby submissions. Make no mistake.  ;D

Offline operationremie

• i will no longer post.
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2010, 07:53:25 PM »
i might have to somehow incorporate gunbaby into my comic. maybe a billboard for his future movie?

Offline Gar

• Global Moderator
  • Really quite hairy.
    • Neko the Kitty
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2010, 10:29:49 AM »
i might have to somehow incorporate gunbaby into my comic. maybe a billboard for his future movie?

That's actually a pretty cool idea, I might do that myself.

Offline operationremie

• i will no longer post.
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2010, 04:12:35 AM »

That's actually a pretty cool idea, I might do that myself.

I always enjoy little things like that in comics.

Offline Funderbunk

• Просто
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2010, 01:41:05 PM »
Injokes and cameos are fantastic. I always get a laugh at random pokémon appearing in Sister Claire, for example.
I'm so optimistic, my blood type is 'B Positive'!

Offline Gar

• Global Moderator
  • Really quite hairy.
    • Neko the Kitty
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2010, 08:43:30 AM »
Current scene in NtK (strip #741) is taking place on a rooftop, and I put a 'Gunbaby:The Movie - coming soon' billboard on the roof of an adjacent building in the background :)

Anyone else done this yet?

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
  • Easily Confused, Feeble Minded Founder
    • Remedial Comics
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2010, 01:11:39 PM »
Awesome idea and implementation.  ;D

Offline Gar

• Global Moderator
  • Really quite hairy.
    • Neko the Kitty
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2010, 02:28:07 PM »
Actually we should try and make this thing go viral - get a Gunbaby movie poster in the background of a bunch of comics, see if we can get a couple of the big-name guys to agree to do it.

Basically I think it would be fucking hilarious if we managed to get Kid Galactus a movie deal through the power of incedental detail memetics.

Offline operationremie

• i will no longer post.
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2010, 05:22:05 AM »
so once i finish drawing the comic for neko the kitty, i'm going back to drawing mine. i actually have 11 scripts done. it's more of a crime dramedy. it stars one of my favorite characters who is a complete moron and says the stupidest things. he has to try to solve the reasons why he got kicked off the force as a detective. there are going to be some big story arcs i think and it's actually been fun to write.

Offline Gar

• Global Moderator
  • Really quite hairy.
    • Neko the Kitty
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2010, 10:42:34 AM »
"Why did I get fired"? is a good mystery for a comedy detective to try and solve

Offline operationremie

• i will no longer post.
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2010, 10:47:35 AM »
"Why did I get fired"? is a good mystery for a comedy detective to try and solve

yea...but i'm sure with the characters i'm going to make and introduce, it'll be fun. i'm enjoying it so far.

Offline Gar

• Global Moderator
  • Really quite hairy.
    • Neko the Kitty
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2010, 11:03:48 AM »
I think one of us is reading the other wrong (I'm getting a bit of a defensive vibe from the "yea...but")

I was saying it's a strong idea for the first case. Plenty of comedy potential, but also grounded in something a lot of people these days can empathise with - losing your job. Plus it's a good reason to have the character investigating his own past, which really opens up a lot of Character and World development potential early on.

Offline operationremie

• i will no longer post.
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2010, 02:41:08 PM »
I think one of us is reading the other wrong (I'm getting a bit of a defensive vibe from the "yea...but")

I was saying it's a strong idea for the first case. Plenty of comedy potential, but also grounded in something a lot of people these days can empathise with - losing your job. Plus it's a good reason to have the character investigating his own past, which really opens up a lot of Character and World development potential early on.

haha no defense at all. i tend to type ..but a lot when i write.

that's what i was going for. once i finish your guest comic (almost done!) i'm going to go back to mine. it seems that i have a story planned. hope that it actually works.