•  
Home    Archive

News: Want to get your Webcomic Site reviewed by a professional? Volunteer your site for review in this thread!

00:00:30UncleRobotI know CPR...
18:39:34Chadm1nSpammers must die. Now.
16:56:16Chadm1nAs promised a few weeks ago, Webcomics Community has been upgraded!

Author Topic: Phantasmic Tales Comics & Stories  (Read 7623 times)

Offline Prankster

• Phantasmic Tales
Phantasmic Tales Comics & Stories
« on: January 09, 2010, 07:20:19 PM »
Wow, firsties? Really? Ok then.

So here I am, pimpin' my webcomics. By which I mean, you can have sex with my webcomics in exchange for money.

My site is "Phantasmic Tales". Right now the focus is on "Freak U.", which is sort of a riff on those old college fraternity/SF movies...you know how there were all those "Animal House" ripoffs where they'd throw in a weird SF element, like an unfrozen caveman or Frankenstein, or a computer genie, or one of the guys would become a werewolf, or get telekinetic powers that he'd use to lift girls' skirts? And they would outwit the crusty, bitter old dean, and the snobby evil frat, and drink lots of beer? It's like all of those, rolled into one.

Then there's Lemuria, which if my highly paid computer programming lackeys have done their job properly, should be linkable via the giant billboard below. If the lackeys have failed, my pet badgers shall dine well tonight. Anyway, it's a sprawling, goofball comedy-fantasy saga with a cast of...well, around a dozen so far, but others have applications pending. Imagine a pulp fantasy-style lost continent full of mystery and wonder to be explored. Now picture it with an all-you-can-eat salad bar on Tuesdays. And also full of small furry mammals. That's Lemuria. Come taste the experience, or something.

Oh, and it's also downloadable in PDF and CBZ format for those of you who...like to download things. Enjoy!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 07:47:44 PM by Rob »

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
  • Easily Confused, Feeble Minded Founder
    • Remedial Comics
Re: Phantasmic Tales Comics & Stories
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 07:56:10 PM »
If your comic is as funny as this post I bet it's hilarious.

What is that chick drinking in that poster on Lemuria? Looks like blood. LOL

Also, I edited your post to fix your links. Hope you don't mind. You added some quotes (not usually seen in links) and an extra instance of http//.

I assume the badgers will feast well tonight. Tell them to think of me when their bellies are full!

Offline Prankster

• Phantasmic Tales
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 08:28:05 PM »
Curses! A blemish on my heretofore flawless facade of competence! Also, thanks. I always get confused going back and forth between html and UBB or whatever.

The chick is Swordi, and she's not drinking anything--that's her sword. Instead, she's just wishing she was drinking.

And best measurements indicate that the actual webcomic is approx. 4/5ths as funny as my post. Factor that into your calculations of hilaritude.

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
    • Remedial Comics
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 09:23:27 PM »
Ok, but on your site, the redheaded chick asleep on the floor has a bottle in her hand leaking something that looks like blood. It may be a sword... but it looks like a bottle leaking blood on the floor to me.  ;D

Offline Prankster

• Phantasmic Tales
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 09:39:14 PM »
Oops. Doh. The poster on the actual site. Sorry.

No, it's just supposed to be wine...I was thinking of changing it, because it did look a bit bright, so...I guess that clinches it! Thanks.

Offline Garrett Williams

• Kenny Chronicles
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 07:46:14 PM »
The humor of the post certainly got me to click over to your site. The comedy of the comic got me to subscribe to the rss feed.  :D

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
    • Remedial Comics
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 11:01:16 PM »
yeah he's my kinda funny.  ;)

Offline Prankster

• Phantasmic Tales
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 02:21:00 PM »
In retrospect, I probably should have posted this at a point when my comic wasn't on hiatus. Oh well. Expect to hear from me again in 1.5 weeks.

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
    • Remedial Comics
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 07:33:47 PM »
Retrospect is 20/20... but then I started this entire site/movement while my main comic is on hiatus. So I'm in a similar boat.

I think my faux pas might actually be a bit bigger. As I will assuredly not make it back in a week and a half. And have already been gone for more than ten... weeks that is.  :-[

Offline Mari

• Mari Orange Studio
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, 10:07:06 PM »
I've thuroughly enjoyed your comic. pure fantastic!!! ;)

Offline thedugs

• The Dugs
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2010, 10:34:37 AM »
This is definitely worth getting into, and I plan on it.

Very nice art. Font might be a smidge on the small side, and well thought out humor. Site navigation is a bit odd (pages may help readers come back to certain stories should they need to take a break in the middle). But yeah, this is pretty cool. Keep up the good work.
www.thedugs.com
Baseball webcomics updating every M/W/F since Apr 09!

Offline Prankster

• Phantasmic Tales
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2010, 09:18:08 PM »
Hey look! A new Lemuria storyline done started while we wuz out mindin' the biscuits for cousin Ned!

...No, I have no idea what that means.