•  
Home    Archive

News: Want to advertise on our front page for FREE? Just go to this thread for details.

00:00:30UncleRobotI know CPR...
18:39:34Chadm1nSpammers must die. Now.
16:56:16Chadm1nAs promised a few weeks ago, Webcomics Community has been upgraded!

Author Topic: User Submission: Writing Well Part Six - Final Part  (Read 17600 times)

Offline Gar

• Global Moderator
  • Really quite hairy.
    • Neko the Kitty
Re: User Submission: Writing Well Part Six - Final Part
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2010, 11:27:19 AM »
No one here is trying to offend so please don't take offense.

Oh I don't take it personally, Gibs is a little antagonistic and freely admits it, I was just calling him out on a matter of manners.

Personally I find I come up with some of my best gags spontaneously while looking at the layout, stuff that just wouldn't occur to me if I was simply typing out a script. I have started doing an extra round of editing recently, which has helped with pacing, but I just get a little bored drawing to a rigidly defined script.

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
  • Easily Confused, Feeble Minded Founder
    • Remedial Comics
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2010, 11:31:47 AM »
If it works for you I'd say that's the important part and I'd say that your comic works just fine. ;)

Offline Gibson

• Pictures of You
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2010, 12:18:44 PM »
Ultimately, the most important aspect is this, from the article...

This series wasn't designed to give hard and fast rules for how to write well, but instead is meant as a guideline you can use to think about how you can write better. The rules by which you write and the rules by which everyone writes aren't the same, and the difference between them is what distinguishes you from other writers. After all, a good writer knows how to follow the rules and a great writer knows how to break them, but you have to know the rules to know which ones you can break and you have to be good before you can be great.