•  
Home    Archive

News: Want to advertise on our front page for FREE? Just go to this thread for details.

00:00:30UncleRobotI know CPR...
18:39:34Chadm1nSpammers must die. Now.
16:56:16Chadm1nAs promised a few weeks ago, Webcomics Community has been upgraded!

Author Topic: Amazing Adventures  (Read 4624 times)

Offline jwblake

Amazing Adventures
« on: June 30, 2010, 05:23:20 PM »
Greetings, all,

This is JW Blake's Dad and biggest fan.  Issue 5 of Amazing Adventures is up and available.  Query, which perhaps is not quite topical, but I'll suffer the slings, if need be.  I scanned the images and had to select that the scan would be 11x17.  The image being scanned was 11x14.  Thus, all the scans have a block of black at the bottom.  I tried "cropping" and "cutting" but the block stilll shows up.  Any suggestions on how to get rid of the block?  Am I trying to "crop" or "cut"?  I'm using Irfanview, if anyone else is, by chance.  Thanks, in any event.

JW's Dad and biggest fan.

www.jwblake.com

Offline jwblake

Re: Amazing Adventures Issue 7
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 04:11:13 PM »
Hello, all, JW's Dad here.  Issue 7 is up and running.  Lemme know what you think.  Thanks.

JW's Dad and biggest fan

Offline jwblake

Re: Amazing Adventures
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 02:37:32 PM »
Issue 8 is up and running.  Lemme know what you think.  thanks.

JW

www.jwblake.com

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
  • Easily Confused, Feeble Minded Founder
    • Remedial Comics
Re: Amazing Adventures
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 10:31:03 AM »
I do think his art is getting better. Might I suggest some figure drawing books. I'm not an artist myself but I found Burt Dodson's "Key's To Drawing" quite good. Just tear out the nudie pages if you're concerned about that.  ;)