•  
Home    Archive

News: Want to advertise on our front page for FREE? Just go to this thread for details.

00:00:30UncleRobotI know CPR...
18:39:34Chadm1nSpammers must die. Now.
16:56:16Chadm1nAs promised a few weeks ago, Webcomics Community has been upgraded!

Author Topic: Advertising Opportunity  (Read 16301 times)

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
  • Easily Confused, Feeble Minded Founder
    • Remedial Comics
Advertising Opportunity
« on: July 14, 2010, 03:11:43 PM »
Hey guys,

As you know I have Project Wonderful ads at Remedial Comics as well as here on the front page and the forums.

The weekend of Friday July 23rd would be a very good time for people to be advertising on any of those ads. My space is very cheap right now and although it won't stay that way it will be a relative bargain for what is going to happen on that weekend.

I cannot tell you what is going to happen. I can't even guarantee that anything will happen.

But if you've ever wondered what a traffic bomb looks like (when a site with much more traffic [not me] links to a much smaller site [me]), then you might want to keep your eyes on us that weekend.

;)

Offline operationremie

• i will no longer post.
Re: Advertising Opportunity
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 05:48:13 PM »
interesting. i wish my comic was up and running by then.

Offline Gar

• Global Moderator
  • Really quite hairy.
    • Neko the Kitty
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 05:00:01 AM »
Pffft, I was advertising on Remedy before it was cool!

Offline Alectric

• Estrangel
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 09:00:16 PM »
Questionable Content is having a guest week next week.  Is this relevant by any chance?

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
    • Remedial Comics
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 10:18:04 PM »
No.

But I've already had a strip on QC.

http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1344

I'd love to get another one some time. Jeph has some great characters that are a lot of fun to write for. And I have something else in the works for QC that I've been working on for a long time.

But nothing next week though... no. And if it was just a guest strip I'd tell you. It's a little bit more than that.  ;)

Offline Gar

• Global Moderator
  • Really quite hairy.
    • Neko the Kitty
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 08:21:50 AM »
Aw man, I need to check QC more often, I didn't even know about the guest week and he's already picked out the strips that are going to run :( Anyone on here scheduled for envious congratulations in the near future?

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
    • Remedial Comics
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 12:54:16 PM »
When Jeph plans his guest strips he goes to his friends. You'll see a bunch of Topatoco people and maybe Danielle Corsetto; basically, his crew. The trick to get a guest strip going with him, actually almost anyone, is to do the best strip you can possible muster and then watch his/her blog and schedule. Send it at a time you think they are going to be busy in the near future and then just hope they use it.

It won't always work. But sometimes it does.

To my knowledge though Jeph did not publicly solicit strips for this week nor has he ever.

Offline Gar

• Global Moderator
  • Really quite hairy.
    • Neko the Kitty
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 04:11:57 AM »
I suppose he does have his little posse of the Cool Kids of the Internet, and with his audience, opening guest strip submissions up to the public would probably flood out his inbox.

Doing the best strip you can make pretty much goes without saying, but it honestly never occurred to me to do a guest strip and hang on to it until the site author was looking for guest submissions.

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
    • Remedial Comics
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 05:39:17 AM »
I suppose he does have his little posse of the Cool Kids of the Internet, and with his audience, opening guest strip submissions up to the public would probably flood out his inbox.

Doing the best strip you can make pretty much goes without saying, but it honestly never occurred to me to do a guest strip and hang on to it until the site author was looking for guest submissions.

Oh I don't necessarily hang on to it. I mean, I read their comics and their blogs so I know kinda what's going on in their lives. I have some idea of when the busy times are coming up and when a night off to prepare for something else might be tempting.

I take advantage of that.

I do the strip in calculation of those events and then send it shortly before a time when I think they will be able to use it.

I'm not manipulating them per se. These are people I like an admire. I'm giving them an out for a busy time when I know it will benefit up both.

Offline Gar

• Global Moderator
  • Really quite hairy.
    • Neko the Kitty
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010, 05:53:42 AM »
Sneaky and devious...yet benign!

heh, your comic takes after its daddy.

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
    • Remedial Comics
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2010, 01:14:29 AM »
In case you guys were wondering....

Attribution and links aren't up yet but I'm hoping they take care of that soon.

http://www.the-gutters.com/