•  
Home    Archive

News: Webcomics beget Webcomics!

00:00:30UncleRobotI know CPR...
18:39:34Chadm1nSpammers must die. Now.
16:56:16Chadm1nAs promised a few weeks ago, Webcomics Community has been upgraded!

Author Topic: Webcomics Community Banner Exchange  (Read 11782 times)

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
  • Easily Confused, Feeble Minded Founder
    • Remedial Comics
Webcomics Community Banner Exchange
« on: August 05, 2010, 11:05:18 PM »
Hey gang. Awhile back it was suggested that the people of this community do a banner exchange. Generally speaking everyone thought it was a terrible idea. Until someone suggested that all the banners be hosted in one place and then everyone who wanted to participate would just be required to keep one small ad on their comic page.... that led to that page that hosts all the banners.. generated in random order.... every time someone loaded the page.

This is a great idea because it lets us share banners and cross promote without having to add a bunch of links and banners to our websites. You just add one... and as long as it's there we keep your banner up along with everyone else's.

Well, Chadm1n the all mighty waggled his magic fingers and did just that for us.

Here is a look at what the page looks like.

http://www.webcomicscommunity.com/exchange.php

You'll notice there are just a couple Remedial Comics placeholder adds there. That's because I wanted you all to know what size the banners are going to be.

There's just one problem. We need an ad that will go on everyone's site that will link to this banner exchange page. It needs to thematically gel with the message and look of the Webcomics Community site and it also needs to mention that it's a banner exchange and perhaps the message of reading more and new comics might also be of some use.... and I'm sure you can think of something else as well.

So I don't know how big this ad should be but I'm willing to take some feedback on that... because I also need someone to design it. I'm no artist. Corey (my artist at Remedial Comics) is insanely busy right now. And I don't have any other options.

So I'm turning to you guys. It's a way to cross promote. It's free and it will be kept up to date and in good working order by the staff here.

So step up... sound off... let me know what you think. And if anyone has thoughts on or wants to volunteer to make the aforementioned ad/banner/thing for everyone's site please speak up.

Thanks.

Offline operationremie

• i will no longer post.
Re: Webcomics Community Banner Exchange
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 07:16:14 AM »
when i get my site up and working, i will definitely be putting this on it.