•  
Home    Archive

News: Want to advertise on our front page for FREE? Just go to this thread for details.

00:00:30UncleRobotI know CPR...
18:39:34Chadm1nSpammers must die. Now.
16:56:16Chadm1nAs promised a few weeks ago, Webcomics Community has been upgraded!

Author Topic: Hosts  (Read 5261 times)

Offline CC

Hosts
« on: September 09, 2010, 12:51:45 AM »
[cleaning up digital footprint. farewell.]
« Last Edit: December 11, 2023, 06:57:13 PM by CC »

Offline Gar

• Global Moderator
  • Really quite hairy.
    • Neko the Kitty
Re: Hosts
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 04:31:47 AM »
SmackJeeves gets a lot of love on here, so you're probably best off sticking with what you know. I recently signed up for a mirror site with them and switched to a paid subscription because I like their stats tracking and CMS. I'm getting decent audience growth and a couple of active commentors there as well. (Incidentally, if anyone knows how to set up PW tower ads so they run alongside the comic and/or comments box, please tell me)

Neko the Kitty used to be on Comicgenesis back when it was Keenspace, and I thought their customisation options and help pages were really good, and at the time they were more generous with their file storage than SmackJeeves are. Can't speak for them now though.

We haven't seen Gibson in a while, and I kinda miss the guy, so I'm going to bring up DrunkDuck in the hopes he'll come in and tell you why you shouldn't sign up for DrunkDuck.

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
  • Easily Confused, Feeble Minded Founder
    • Remedial Comics
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 12:32:12 PM »
It sounds like Smackjeeves is the place for you right now.  ;)

Offline Gibson

• Pictures of You
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 03:52:02 AM »
DRUNK DUCK?! GIBSON SMASH!!

Gar, I've been meaning to find out how to do that myself for a long time and I haven't, but I do know that the help desk on the SJ forum is pretty keen on, you know, helping...which is strange for a webcomic hosting site, since all the others seem to think that people who ask questions about how the site works should be stared at like a bird considering a frisbee, then told to check the FAQ. I'd suggest go to the forum and take a quick look through the Help Desk Section (yes, a whole section). Before that, though, you can check out the knowledge base from the old forums, which is here: http://www.smackjeeves.com/oldforum/viewforum.php?f=2 Do a search first (they're big on that, but that's just good form) and if you can't find anything, then post a new thread. Chances are there's some mention of it somewhere, but if there isn't, someone will step up and give you a hand. And if they don't, drop my name...they're all afraid of me there.