•  
Home    Archive

News: Want to advertise on our front page for FREE? Just go to this thread for details.

00:00:30UncleRobotI know CPR...
18:39:34Chadm1nSpammers must die. Now.
16:56:16Chadm1nAs promised a few weeks ago, Webcomics Community has been upgraded!

Author Topic: Flying Sparks  (Read 4229 times)

Offline otomo

Flying Sparks
« on: September 22, 2010, 02:32:52 PM »
I've held off on actually posting here or advertising much (beyond my sigs in several forums) because it's hard to tell where long form stories like this are going before several pages are introduced, but I have had a comic up for over a month now!   

And we reached our 10th page today! Woo-hoo! 

An art sampling for your entertainment:

For comic info itself:

Flying Sparks is a superhero web comic that questions the feasibility of secret identities.   The series follows the adventures of Chloe Anderson, better known to the public as Meta-Girl, and Johnny Benvinuti, a fence with a shocking secret.  When a flying heroine meets an electrified underworld operative, we get Flying Sparks.   

The comic is written and lettered by Jon Del Arroz, a contributor and writer for comicrelated.com and drawn by Michael Yakutis, an upcoming independent comic and children’s book artist.   Flying Sparks will be an ongoing adventure for the foreseeable future. 

Flying Sparks launched on August 23, 2010 and updates once per week on Wednesdays with a new page.   The site’s forum boasts extra content from Yakutis’ list of art supplies to preliminary design images of the comic.   

Have fun and stay tuned.  It only gets better from here!

Offline Alectric

• Estrangel
Re: Flying Sparks
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 12:48:01 PM »
A link would be nice...

Oh, and what do you mean that Johnny is a fence with a shocking secret?  Is that a typo?  Did you mean...fencer, maybe?

Offline otomo

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 07:08:52 PM »
A fence is a person who trades on the black market with illegal (stolen) goods :)  

and the link was my fault, I thought it was in my sig for some reason  http://flyingsparkscomic.com  
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 02:00:06 AM by otomo »

Offline HarringtonAW

• No! Pagliaccio non son!
    • Spying with Lana
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 11:16:02 PM »
Looks good! I like the art, and the story looks promising, too.

-S

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
  • Easily Confused, Feeble Minded Founder
    • Remedial Comics
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 11:44:32 AM »
Congrats on the launch.  ;)

Offline otomo

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 02:01:09 AM »