•  
Home    Archive

News: Webcomics beget Webcomics!

00:00:30UncleRobotI know CPR...
18:39:34Chadm1nSpammers must die. Now.
16:56:16Chadm1nAs promised a few weeks ago, Webcomics Community has been upgraded!

Author Topic: 'Ello, 'ello, 'ello!  (Read 4124 times)

Offline CharlieBoston

• Total n00b.
    • Goofy Love
'Ello, 'ello, 'ello!
« on: October 14, 2010, 12:33:27 AM »
And hi, everyone!

My name's Charlie, I'm 33, married and living in the Boston area. I'm a newlywed (married in Feb '10) and have been with my wife for 5 years after having known her since the mid-90s. She's a hoot and a holler, and we're having a great time together. So great, in fact, that I've decided to share it with the world via my new (and first!) webcomic that I call Goofy Love! Life with my wife is anything but boring, and I think that a lot of people can relate.

Background: I had two BEST friends in High School and we all liked comic books like any normal teenage boy should. They were artists. I had never drawn anything more than a stick figure in my whole life prior to that. But after a ton of practice and observation, over the years I got better, and I'm at a point now where I'm pretty pleased with my current style.

Back to now: I work almost entirely in Photoshop, and am learning how to produce a webcomic as I go. I'm learning all sorts of tricks that many of you have known for years that are making production go a lot smoothly and easily.

More background: I've always fancied myself a creative person, having performed in theater (both straight plays[aka non-musicals] and musicals), in various rock bands, video production and now graphically.

Back to now: I'm getting more and more comfortable writing and drawing Goofy Love as I figure out exactly what kind of strip it will be. I consider it semi-autobiographical, taking inspiration from real situations that have occurred in our time together, although I do intend on tossing a bit of the fantastical in there as well. For instance, under certain circumstances, my wife gains superpowers. There will be recurring themes, but no over-arching storyline beyond typical married people stuff.

That's it for me! I'm excited to be a part of the webcomic community and I look forward to connecting with you!

-Charlie

Goofy Love - Like Dharma and Greg, only w/out the hippies and Scientology

Offline Gar

• Global Moderator
  • Really quite hairy.
    • Neko the Kitty
Re: 'Ello, 'ello, 'ello!
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 05:05:10 AM »
Hi Charlie, welcome to the community!

Offline CharlieBoston

• Total n00b.
    • Goofy Love
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 07:50:03 AM »
Thanks!

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
  • Easily Confused, Feeble Minded Founder
    • Remedial Comics
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 11:38:29 AM »
Welcome man. You've got some real heart on your sleeve enthusiasm going on there. It's refreshing in these somewhat jaded times.

Best of luck to you.
 ;)

Offline CharlieBoston

• Total n00b.
    • Goofy Love
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 01:51:51 PM »
Thanks, Rob! I'm really glad I found this place! I'm looking forward to seeing some great stuff and getting some feedback on my own work!