•  
Home    Archive

News: Want to get your Webcomic Site reviewed by a professional? Volunteer your site for review in this thread!

00:00:30UncleRobotI know CPR...
18:39:34Chadm1nSpammers must die. Now.
16:56:16Chadm1nAs promised a few weeks ago, Webcomics Community has been upgraded!

Author Topic: drawn by mouse here  (Read 4748 times)

Offline NoahRodenbeek

• drawn by mouse
drawn by mouse here
« on: January 11, 2010, 10:47:20 AM »
My name is Noah Rodenbeek and I make drawnbymouse.  I'm excited to see how others have contributed here and what I might be able to contribute myself.  
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 12:20:03 PM by Rob »

Offline amanda

• Global Moderator
  • Braaawk!
    • Salt the Holly
Re: drawn by mouse here
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 11:30:18 AM »
Hi, Noah - I'm new as well ^.^  I liked your moonwalking garden gnome animation!
/

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
  • Easily Confused, Feeble Minded Founder
    • Remedial Comics
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 12:22:03 PM »
Noah I edited your post to fix your broken link. You forgot the .com. No biggie and glad to help.  ;)

So what animation program are you using? Or was that line about them not being hand drawn a joke?

I use Hash's Animation: Master and although my rank at the site is "Master" I still have tons and tons to learn. Nice to have another animator here.

Welcome.  ;)

Offline NoahRodenbeek

• drawn by mouse
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 02:02:00 PM »
sweet, thanks guys, and thanks for the link fix.  I make the animations in Illustrator, and I'll transfer them to Flash if they get too big.  Illustrator starts glitching out if your file gets to big, but it has a cool function where it exports layers as frames in a swf file.  It's really really fun to play around with.

Offline ran

• Oh so tired.
    • brainspill
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 02:19:39 PM »
These are really neat! Did not expect the vomiting on the second ball-throwing one. D:

Offline Vegarin

• Get A Mac!
    • One Too Many
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 02:26:46 PM »
Heheh I loved "Metro Gnome"

Read One Too Many if you want to live!

Offline NoahRodenbeek

• drawn by mouse
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 03:09:45 PM »
Thanks for the kind words.  It's been really fun making these and learning about webcomics in general.  It's a hobby I really just picked up last year and I've been surprised to find such an already rich history.  It's kind of cool to watch pioneers like Penny-Arcade from their first, amateur looking strips to their overwhelming success today.  It's equal parts discouraging and inspiring, you know?