•  
Home    Archive

News: Want to advertise on our front page for FREE? Just go to this thread for details.

00:00:30UncleRobotI know CPR...
18:39:34Chadm1nSpammers must die. Now.
16:56:16Chadm1nAs promised a few weeks ago, Webcomics Community has been upgraded!

Author Topic: Looking for good cheap hosting service.Reccomendations?  (Read 12759 times)

Offline Travis Surber

• Hainted Holler
Looking for good cheap hosting service.Reccomendations?
« on: November 28, 2010, 03:29:21 PM »
My comic was hosted on a friend's server for free,but a recent problems and the unprofessional behavior that came from them, have led me to jump to being hosted by Frumph for the time being on his site.I don't want to take advantage of him for too long so I'm trying to find a cheap,reliable,host that I can move the site to.I've checked a few on my own AND had some other creators chime in with opinions,but I haven't made up my mind yet.Who do you recommend?

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
  • Easily Confused, Feeble Minded Founder
    • Remedial Comics
Re: Looking for good cheap hosting service.Reccomendations?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 04:53:55 AM »
I don't think you're going to get great service from any of the cheaper ones. Remedial Comics (yes we do hosting) is $100 a year or $25 a quarter depending upon how you want to pay. Unlimited bandwidth and as you know from this site... Chadm1n gives great tech support.

But I'm biased. There's a lot of hosting solutions out there. Some good, some bad. A good place to ask might be a tech forum or perhaps a Google search on Host reviews or something.

Either way, Good Luck man. Let us know if you find a good one cheap. I'm sure you're not the only one in this community who's looking or will be looking.  ;)

Offline Travis Surber

• Hainted Holler
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 06:09:01 AM »
100 dollars a year is cheap.Maybe I should clarify.Cheap doesn't mean one of these 2.99 deals.I'm willing to pay more.

Let's just say who's really good and I'll go from there.

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
  • Easily Confused, Feeble Minded Founder
    • Remedial Comics
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 09:32:09 AM »
Ok... well we're really good.  ;D

If you want Chadm1n's contact info to get the ball rolling send me a PM. Unfortunately... the only other host I've ever used was lousy and is now out of business... so I can't offer you much more advice on that. I think GoDaddy does hosting though... you may want to check it out.

Offline Alectric

• Estrangel
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 05:23:27 PM »
These are the hosts that Wordpress recommends (not just for their product, but in general).  I personally use the first one, Bluehost, and have been quite satisfied with their service.

tinku

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 02:17:08 AM »
You can host your site at http://www.tucktail.com/  .
Here i found a cheap hosting plans..you can choose any of them.