•  
Home    Archive

News: Want to get your Webcomic Site reviewed by a professional? Volunteer your site for review in this thread!

00:00:30UncleRobotI know CPR...
18:39:34Chadm1nSpammers must die. Now.
16:56:16Chadm1nAs promised a few weeks ago, Webcomics Community has been upgraded!

Author Topic: Xmas Gifts for Artists?  (Read 30676 times)

Offline Gar

• Global Moderator
  • Really quite hairy.
    • Neko the Kitty
Re: Xmas Gifts for Artists?
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2010, 05:04:10 AM »
My inner grammar nazi just stood to attention: The plural of 'medium' is 'media'

Offline scruffy

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2010, 01:22:56 PM »
 :P
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 01:31:44 PM by scruffy »

Offline Gar

• Global Moderator
  • Really quite hairy.
    • Neko the Kitty
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2010, 08:01:33 AM »
That face! Why, I'll P your colon!

Wait, that came out wrong...

Offline Dragon Powered

• Senior Web Correspondent
  • Administrator
  • Fractured
    • Dragon Powered
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2010, 05:00:31 PM »
Gar hit the nail on the head with the very first suggestion.

I know you have probably already bought something for your artist, and likely shipped it... but yeah, a Nerf (tm) gun along with a target to shoot at would be ideal.  Something to provide a bit of fun distraction, but not so distracting as to stop him or her from working.  Great idea.

Artists, like any creative types, already have their preferred supplies and media.  Buying tools or supplies for an artist is like buying clothes for a friend, they'll smile and say thanks and then toss it in a corner because it's just not their style.  Simple fun is always good.

That is, unless this person has a wish-list of items you could shop from.  But if they did, you wouldn't be asking, right?

Offline Funderbunk

• Просто
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2010, 05:39:05 AM »
Artists, like any creative types, already have their preferred supplies and media.  Buying tools or supplies for an artist is like buying clothes for a friend, they'll smile and say thanks and then toss it in a corner because it's just not their style.

Considering I hang out with only artists I feel like there might be some projecting going on here, because my friends love to try out new things.
I'm so optimistic, my blood type is 'B Positive'!

Offline Dragon Powered

• Senior Web Correspondent
  • Administrator
  • Fractured
    • Dragon Powered
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2010, 01:44:36 PM »
Yeah ok, I could be wrong. It's been known to happen... like, usually more often than being right.  I've only known a few artists, and they had their own style and ways of doing things.  Would I, as someone who does crappy art, like a gift of art tools from them?  Oh yes, most definitely.  Would they like a gift of art tools from me?  No.  They'd like a nerf gun.  Because I don't know art.

But heck, it's Christmas!  I'm sure any gift will be appreciated, even if it's just a smile and a handshake.  Merry Christmas everyone.

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
  • Easily Confused, Feeble Minded Founder
    • Remedial Comics
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2010, 04:55:27 PM »
Well I ended up getting him something that I know he likes and is in to... but it has nothing to do with art. I'd tell you what I got him but he stops by here from time to time and I don't want him to see until he gets the package... which because I took so long he won't get until well after XMas. Bummer but ah well.

I did end up getting him a small amount of supplies for some things I know he needed and I'm sending him something that I used that I replaced with something better but he can use the old ones as they are perfect for... some of the things he makes.

Cryptic enough?

LOL.

Anyway, he's getting some good stuff for sure. Thanks for the help everyone. And have a great holiday... whatever you celebrate... even if it's nothing and all you get are a few days on the couch and some bad TV. Enjoy it.  ;)

Offline Gar

• Global Moderator
  • Really quite hairy.
    • Neko the Kitty
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2010, 07:06:41 AM »
It's after christmas now: Reveal to us your mystery!

(By which I mean what the present was, in case everyone's mind is as dirty as mine.)

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
  • Easily Confused, Feeble Minded Founder
    • Remedial Comics
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2010, 05:27:53 PM »
I just got it... haven't sent it on to him yet... so you'll have to wait a few more days.  ;D