How many of you are actual Businesses?

Started by Rob, May 06, 2010, 09:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcfadyn

I don't know if we'll ever me LtB Inc.:P
Sometimes, you have to take a step back and access the fact that you're a moron.  What?  Well you ARE.

operationremie

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-an-llc.htm easy way to understand it i think

i love being an accountant but honestly, sometimes these things just escape my mind

Miluette

I registered as a sole proprietor in my state because it suits me and my situation best. It's mostly about my design work, but I guess that covers the comics too? Maybe? So if I wanted to do them professionally, I'd be like "hey Ai also produces comics."

Gibson

Quote from: Senshuu on August 05, 2010, 10:51:00 AM
"hey Ai also produces comics."

SKYNET HAS INFILTRATED COMICS! JUDGMENT DAY IS HERE!

Richard

Another LLC in Connecticut here. With all of the contracts that we are dealing with for artists and various other activities it seemed the smartest route to take, legally.

And you're right, Connecticut does suck with this stuff. I only realized how much CT screwed us over with paying for the sales tax id when I went to get the NY sales tax id and got it for free...

Overlord_Thundersnow

Years in, I'd love to hear if you guys are still an LLC, and what you've taken away from the process.  You've got to have to serious knowledge by now.

I'm currently researching the tedious process myself.  Am I supposed to file quarterly?  How much do you have to make for your LLC to be considered legit?  Has anyone ever tried to sue you? 

I myself picture a conversation with a woman at the bar:

-Me  "Oh me?  I draw webcomics"
-Her "Oh...well look at the time!  Have to run, I left my kids in the car out front!"

VS

-Me "Oh me?  I'm the President of Razzle-Dazzle Wiz-Bang Comics Inc. International LLC"
-Her ::swoons::   ;D