•  
Home    Archive

News: Want to get your Webcomic Site reviewed by a professional? Volunteer your site for review in this thread!

00:00:30UncleRobotI know CPR...
18:39:34Chadm1nSpammers must die. Now.
16:56:16Chadm1nAs promised a few weeks ago, Webcomics Community has been upgraded!

Author Topic: Webcomics PODCASTS  (Read 6118 times)

Offline plughead

• Digilife ain't easy.
    • Sarah Zero
Webcomics PODCASTS
« on: January 15, 2010, 12:10:10 AM »
Hey everyone

I'm a HARDCORE podcast junkie. I'm into tons of webcomic/art/illustration/design stuff, and I want to keep discovering more.

What stuff do you cats listen to?

Here's my list. All of these are free podcasts that are easy to find in the iTunes Store:

• Alpha Rant

• Art & Story

• Big Illustration Party Time

• Pond to Pond

• TGT Webcomics

• Webcomic Beacon

• Webcomics Weakly

NON-WEBCOMIC-RELATED:

• Smodcast

• You Look Nice Today

• 43 Folders

VIDEO PODCASTS

• Terry White's Adobe Creative Suite Podcast

• Layers TV

• WebDesign TV

Offline ran

• Oh so tired.
    • brainspill
Re: Webcomics PODCASTS
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 10:29:04 AM »
• Webcomics Weakly

Haha, is that a typo or a subtle dig?

Anyhow, everything I listen to, you've already listed. Except the Savage Love podcast, which is less about webcomics and more about Dan Savage giving sex and relationship advice to people with often raunchy or creepy problems. Totally NSFW, which is funny because I listen to it at work.

mattstout

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 11:30:56 AM »
I co-host a webcomics podcast with Chris Flick of Capes n Babes and Rob Chandler of I'm Not Bob.  It's called The Lightbox and you can find it on iTunes!

End of Shameless Plug

I also enjoy Tall Tales Radio.

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
  • Easily Confused, Feeble Minded Founder
    • Remedial Comics
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 01:42:44 PM »
I co-host a webcomics podcast with Chris Flick of Capes n Babes and Rob Chandler of I'm Not Bob.  It's called The Lightbox and you can find it on iTunes!

End of Shameless Plug

I also enjoy Tall Tales Radio.

And Chris is actually a really nice guy I've known for a long time from the old Webcomics.com forums... but I just can't seem tog et him in here. He's told me he's too busy. Hopefully he'll find the time at some point. But I imagine the podcast is excellent because he's a funny guy and you seem pretty all right yourself there Matt. What does the "Lightbox" name reference? A lightbox is for like tracing stuff right?

mwytrykus

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 03:45:41 PM »
A great general comics and pop-culture podcast, that does occasionally talk a bit about webcomics, is the Major Spoilers podcast. It is has become my favorite podcast to listen to while I work. If you are a huge comic book geek like I am, you'll love it. Also, if you're into Dungeons & Dragons, check out their sister podcast, Critical Hit. All good stuff.

And I think it just started updating again, the Comics Coast to Coast podcast is another decent one.

Offline jeffa

• Galactic Beacon
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 08:13:43 PM »
• Webcomics Weakly

Haha, is that a typo or a subtle dig?

Anyhow, everything I listen to, you've already listed. Except the Savage Love podcast, which is less about webcomics and more about Dan Savage giving sex and relationship advice to people with often raunchy or creepy problems. Totally NSFW, which is funny because I listen to it at work.
Guess I'm pretty tired. I read that as "Doc Savage". Now THAT would be entertaining.

Offline uncaringmachine

• Hooya!
    • Captain Ahole!
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 11:19:31 AM »
I can be a bit picky when it comes to podcasts. The only one I really listen to is The Webcomic Beacon, and even then one of the hosts kind of gets on my nerves, but I like that they pretty much stick to the topic they are supposed to be discussing, with minimal bad jokes and attempting to sound super intellectual about comics. Others I've tried one episode and turn it off midway through, because they get off topic and start ranting about their personal lives, etc. Any suggestions?

Offline jeffa

• Galactic Beacon
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 01:40:17 PM »
Some not-specifically-webcomic podcasts that I enjoy (and find helpful) are:

The Writer's Almanac with Garrison Keillor
http://writersalmanac.publicradio.org/

This American Life
http://www.thisamericanlife.org/Radio_Podcast.aspx

The New Yorker Fiction Podcast
http://www.newyorker.com/online/2010/01/18/100118on_audio_russell/?xrail