•  
Home    Archive

News: Webcomics beget Webcomics!

00:00:30UncleRobotI know CPR...
18:39:34Chadm1nSpammers must die. Now.
16:56:16Chadm1nAs promised a few weeks ago, Webcomics Community has been upgraded!

Author Topic: Sandra and Woo  (Read 7426 times)

Offline Novil

• Sandra and Woo
Sandra and Woo
« on: February 02, 2010, 04:06:09 PM »
Sandra and Woo is a comedy webcomic featuring the girl Sandra North and her pet raccoon Woo. While most strips are just supposed to be funny or tell an interesting story, some will also deal with more serious issues, for example the violation of human rights in Burma or the destruction of the environment. Other important parts of the comic are Sandra’s adventures with her schoolmates Cloud and Larisa and Woo’s trips to the nearby forest to meet his furry friends Shadow, a fox, and Sid, a squirrel.

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
  • Easily Confused, Feeble Minded Founder
    • Remedial Comics
Re: Sandra and Woo
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 06:42:21 PM »
Your raccoon is awesome. Nice.  ;)

So are you the artist or the writer? (forgive me if you said this elsewhere... this site is getting bigger and bigger by the day)

Also I see you aren't using Project Wonderful. Who do you use for your adverts?

EDIT: Ok I guess by what you said in another thread you do use PW. I just didn't see any of the "Your Ad here" messages one usually sees under your ads. My mistake.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 06:51:53 PM by Rob »

Offline Novil

• Sandra and Woo
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 04:18:19 AM »
So are you the artist or the writer? (forgive me if you said this elsewhere... this site is getting bigger and bigger by the day)

I am the writer.

Also I see you aren't using Project Wonderful. Who do you use for your adverts?

EDIT: Ok I guess by what you said in another thread you do use PW. I just didn't see any of the "Your Ad here" messages one usually sees under your ads. My mistake.

I am using PW as an advertiser, not as a publisher. I am using the following ad agencies for the ads on our site: Six Apart / Adify, ADSDAQ, Burst Media, ValueClick and Google AdSense.

Offline JGray

• Mysteries of the Arcana
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 06:29:13 AM »
Novil, I'll be honest. The whole advertising thing intimidates. Could you give advice on the best way to get started with the advertising gig beyond Project Wonderful? The publishing of, not the buying of. For example, I thought ADSDAQ wasn't liking the webcomics.

Offline Novil

• Sandra and Woo
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 07:38:36 AM »
Novil, I'll be honest. The whole advertising thing intimidates. Could you give advice on the best way to get started with the advertising gig beyond Project Wonderful? The publishing of, not the buying of. For example, I thought ADSDAQ wasn't liking the webcomics.

There’s no magic to that. If your website matches the core requirements of an ad agency: Apply. However their requirements are higher, especially regarding the number of visitors and the amount of text on your website. I was surprised to be taken by ADSDAQ as well, though.

Offline JGray

• Mysteries of the Arcana
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 08:01:22 AM »
I guess I just need to do the homework to figure out who requires what. I don't suppose you could give us a breakdown of roughly how much you get per month from each service?

Offline Novil

• Sandra and Woo
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 10:26:42 AM »
I guess I just need to do the homework to figure out who requires what. I don't suppose you could give us a breakdown of roughly how much you get per month from each service?

No. But it’s definitely worth to try to get into any ad provider other than AdSense.

Offline D.Z.

• Panthera
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 03:19:46 AM »
Hey, just wanted to say, I'm definitely a fan. The constant PW advertising has been hard to ignore, and I finally gave it a read and quite enjoyed it. The character dynamics are terrific, and of course lil' Woo is as adorable as any raccoon is. ^^

Keep up the good work!

Offline SleepyKiks

• Samurai Princess
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 12:26:27 PM »
I saw this comic a while ago being advertised through project wonderfu. I find it extremely charming and promptly recommended it to a friend of mine with a Kelvin and Hobbes obsession. He hasn't stopped reading.

Best of luck and the PW ads are paying off for sure.