•  
Home    Archive

News: For Free, For Everyone, Forever.

00:00:30UncleRobotI know CPR...
18:39:34Chadm1nSpammers must die. Now.
16:56:16Chadm1nAs promised a few weeks ago, Webcomics Community has been upgraded!

Author Topic: Hello, other people!  (Read 5051 times)

Offline Gar

• Global Moderator
  • Really quite hairy.
    • Neko the Kitty
Hello, other people!
« on: February 27, 2010, 04:21:13 AM »
Hi, I'm Gar, of the webcomic Neko the Kitty http://www.nekothekitty.net . I'm from Dublin, Ireland, and I'm 28.

My strip's been online since 2002, but there have been a couple of lengthy hiatuses, so  I don't have an audience any more  :-[.  I've been back updating regularly twice a week for about a year now though, and I've been having fun.

The title character's a narcissistic housecat who's bitter about having been neutered, and the strip has an ensemble cast of cats and humans. Cats can understand humans, but not vice-versa, and I recently turned one of the human cast into the world's most harmless supervillain.

Offline amanda

• Global Moderator
  • Braaawk!
    • Salt the Holly
Re: Hello, other people!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 10:33:53 AM »
Welcome to the community, Gar ^.^ Your comic sounds really cute!
/

Offline wendyw

• Gilbert and the Grim Rabbit
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 12:00:27 PM »
Welcome aboard.

It sucks losing an audience like that.
I hope you get that many readers back and more.

Offline Gabu

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 04:25:03 PM »
Welcome. I can hear what you're saying. Audiences are so difficult to gain, but are so easy to lose. Good luck!

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
  • Easily Confused, Feeble Minded Founder
    • Remedial Comics
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 08:42:42 PM »
I like how you say your humans can't understand your cat's and in the very first comic I look at the cat is talking to the humans and they understand it.  :D

Ireland is one of the few countries I've never been too and always wanted to go to.

I've always wondered though, I've got to be like 7th or 8th or maybe even more American. But my family lineage is almost entirely Irish. My family names are Reagon on one side and Tracy on the other and I'm told we have a splash of English and Scottish in there as well but that we are mostly Irish.

My sisters bright red hair and my rust colored facial hair seem to agree with that assessment.

So I'm wondering... even though I am undoubtedly American since my lineage is Irish am I allowed to make bigoted Irish jokes and laugh and say they are "my people"?

You know, the way folks from other ethnicities do when they are also clearly just American?

Neko is adorable and very subversive. A wonderful combination.

Welcome to the site.

I cannot even tell you how close I came to making a leprechaun joke before asking if I'm allowed to.

Also, I am the world's most harmless supervillian.

Offline Gar

• Global Moderator
  • Really quite hairy.
    • Neko the Kitty
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 12:42:44 PM »
Oh yeah, Poe's an exception to the rule because he's magic. A couple of years ago Neko mated with another cat and they had five kittens (Neko was subsequently neutered) I put four of them up for adoption to other webcomics.

Poe was adopted by a witch called Julia in the comic Surreal U, which ended in 2005. I wanted to do a Scooby-Doo style story, so I asked if I could use him.

Rob, feel free to bigot away, Patrick's Day is coming up, so now's a good time because I'll be far too drunk to care.

Offline Dragon Powered

• Senior Web Correspondent
  • Administrator
  • Fractured
    • Dragon Powered
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 02:27:45 PM »
"A couple of years ago Neko mated with another cat and they had five kittens (Neko was subsequently neutered) I put four of them up for adoption to other webcomics."

That is genius.

Welcome to the board my friend.

Offline Nuke

• Underling Comic
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 03:52:05 PM »
I thought everyone was Irish on St Patrick's day anyway?  ;D

Please don't feed the ancient deities.

Offline Gar

• Global Moderator
  • Really quite hairy.
    • Neko the Kitty
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010, 12:24:35 PM »
No, everybody's DRUNK on St. Patrick's day. Contrary to popular belief, it's actually not the same thing.

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
  • Easily Confused, Feeble Minded Founder
    • Remedial Comics
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 01:33:44 PM »
No, everybody's DRUNK on St. Patrick's day. Contrary to popular belief, it's actually not the same thing.

ROFL :D