•  
Home    Archive

News: Want to get your Webcomic Site reviewed by a professional? Volunteer your site for review in this thread!

00:00:30UncleRobotI know CPR...
18:39:34Chadm1nSpammers must die. Now.
16:56:16Chadm1nAs promised a few weeks ago, Webcomics Community has been upgraded!

Author Topic: Volunteer Event Coordinater Wanted  (Read 14912 times)

Offline MenZ

• Drunk
  • Global Moderator
  • Someday we'll get Rob to spell "their" correctly
    • My RoosterTeeth Page
Re: Volunteer Event Coordinater Wanted
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2010, 12:52:12 AM »
I have bannerized!  Question: am I allowed to cackle evilly as a mod?  I mean, I can try to keep said cackling down to a minimum.

I cackle way more than the daily recommended amount. Take a guess where all my social problems start  ;)
[MenZ]

Offline Chadm1n

• Administrator
  • Up, up and... uh-oh...
    • Remedial Comics
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2010, 01:29:10 AM »
I have bannerized!  Question: am I allowed to cackle evilly as a mod?  I mean, I can try to keep said cackling down to a minimum.

Wait a minute - Mods get to cackle evilly?! I thought that was the admin's job. Fine. Do I at least get to make silly faces at the Mods? :)  ::) :o ;D

-cec

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
  • Easily Confused, Feeble Minded Founder
    • Remedial Comics
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2010, 01:29:43 AM »
All right guys you are both in.

But Black Knight (you are going to have to tell me your real name if this is going to work... every time I call you black knight I feel like I'm in a Monty Python sketch) I'm going to want to have a good long chat with you before you start contacting other communities.

So please don't go off the reservation just yet.

Amanda... feel free to cackle all you want. You still won't cackle as much as Jordan (MenZ) does. That said, everyone absolutely should read and absorb my philosophy as to what the responsibilities of a moderator are. You can find them here.

And please ask any questions you have and make sure you understand what I'm asking of you because you will be held to this standard.

I'll try and spend some time going over anything you want to talk about in the staff discussion board later but for right now Trevor (TakaComics) and Jordan (MenZ) can probably tell you anything you need to know.

If you don't have an instant messenger get one. We will be adding chat functionality to the site soon but an instant messenger (linked in your profile) is the best way for you guys to be able to get ahold of each other and talk and for users to get ahold of you as well. All of my IM accounts are in my profile and if you have Gmail you can also get me on Gmail chat at [email protected]

Talk to you guys soon.

Poof yer mods.  ;)

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
    • Remedial Comics
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2010, 01:31:33 AM »

Wait a minute - Mods get to cackle evilly?! I thought that was the admin's job. Fine. Do I at least get to make silly faces at the Mods? :)  ::) :o ;D

-cec

No no no... Admins groan when the users tell them stuff is broken and ask them to fix it (they groan even loader when the user is just not using something right and it's not really broken). That's pretty much the extent of their noisemaking.

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
    • Remedial Comics
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2010, 01:32:44 AM »
Mike and Rob, this should help you guys out a ton:

http://www.conventionscene.com/schedules/allupcomingevents/

Just don't say I never gave you nothin'!  ;)

BTW KidG

Yeah that did help out a lot. We simply added the whole thing to the site. Worked like a charm (Thanks Chadm1n).

Thanks man. Great tip.  ;)