•  
Home    Archive

News: Our Community Comic "Gunbaby" is and always will be open for submissions. Any submissions received will run on the site front page on Sundays.

00:00:30UncleRobotI know CPR...
18:39:34Chadm1nSpammers must die. Now.
16:56:16Chadm1nAs promised a few weeks ago, Webcomics Community has been upgraded!

Author Topic: Connecticon Anyone?  (Read 28866 times)

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
  • Easily Confused, Feeble Minded Founder
    • Remedial Comics
Re: Connecticon Anyone?
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2010, 12:20:27 AM »
I was just informed that the Dealer Room is sold out and there are only about ten tables available in the artist colony. So if you are planning on going you might want to HURRY!

http://www.connecticon.org/

Offline Gibson

• Pictures of You
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2010, 03:52:06 AM »
Oh crap. I can't commit this early. Looks like I'm out as far as the artist table goes. Can I still get the free admission if I don't have a table? I'm guessing not.

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
    • Remedial Comics
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2010, 09:21:57 PM »
Gibson. Sorry I didn't see this before. According to the first "tier" you don't get a table with your webcomic. Just free admission. So my guess is you want to get on their forums and e-mail/contact whomever you need to contact to make this happen.

If you have any questions or would like to participate in the convention as an online media guest please email our Online Media Guest Relations Coordinator: Nick Malaguti ([email protected])

In other news I literally just finished six hours of paperwork to complete Remedial Comics' tax and business crapola so we can attend this con.

Corey and I just registered one full table in the Artist Colony and will be there for the entire event. I hope to see some of you there. Please let me know if you are going to attend.

Offline Gibson

• Pictures of You
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2010, 12:42:23 PM »
According to the first "tier" you don't get a table with your webcomic.

Yes, but Pictures of You would be in the second tier, which has half a table included. I suppose it's moot if the tables are all gone, though.

I was also noticing how those tier requirements are phrased poorly...everything says "Up to" which means less than, when they surely mean more. I was thinking about contacting them about it, but then I remembered that I'm SO LAZY!

Thanks for that info, though. I may look into it.

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
    • Remedial Comics
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2010, 01:21:38 PM »
Yeah the terminology is a little loose.

There are still artist colony memberships available. I think there are probably less people signing up because of the whole "you must be a company and you must collect taxes and have a tax collection permit" thing this year.

So who knows maybe there will be some space left when you are ready to commit.

I hope you have better luck contacting that dude than I have had. So far two emails left completely unanswered.

Offline operationremie

• i will no longer post.
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2010, 07:55:56 PM »
yea...the whole tax thing screwed over a bunch of people last year.

Offline D.Z.

• Panthera
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2010, 11:12:44 PM »
Hm, I'd be second tier. But I'm not an artist, and having just a writer sitting in an "artist's colony" would be a bit pathetic.

... still... free admission... and I will be home during those days, I think...

*sees date*

Oh, hell, it's too late anyways. Ahahah. Maybe next year.

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
    • Remedial Comics
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2010, 12:01:43 AM »
What do you mean its too late? If you were going to have a table it might be important to get you into the program book but since you just want to attend I doubt they will care if you are in the book or not as long as you tell your readers you will be there.

It wouldn't hurt to try I mean.

Either way you should try and come. Connecticon is always a good time.  ;)

Offline operationremie

• i will no longer post.
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2010, 08:43:26 PM »
just wanted to say it was awesome seeing rob and the rest of remedy at CTCon! i was around and probably talked to most of you that were there! it was a great con!

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
    • Remedial Comics
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2010, 02:30:12 AM »
Hey guys. My con report for Connecticon is up at my site in the blog.

http://remedy.remedialcomics.com/

I'll be writing up another article about the con with all the details I know YOU FOLKS are far more interested in  in a few days. If Dragon doesn't have anything for Friday I'll try and get it up then, if he does, Monday.

I hope you guys had a good weekend and sorry for the content outage yesterday.  ;)