•  
Home    Archive

News: Want to get your Webcomic Site reviewed by a professional? Volunteer your site for review in this thread!

00:00:30UncleRobotI know CPR...
18:39:34Chadm1nSpammers must die. Now.
16:56:16Chadm1nAs promised a few weeks ago, Webcomics Community has been upgraded!

Author Topic: Hello from me  (Read 3712 times)

Offline theshaggyfreak

• Binary Souls / Other Dimensions
Hello from me
« on: June 18, 2010, 02:00:17 PM »
So, I found this place via Deviant Art.  I've been running my webcomic for a few years now and I thought I might see what's going on here.  Well, here's my bio!

First off, I’m an audio engineer. What does that mean? It means I know how to operate the equipment that can record your favorite band and put it all together in a format that you can listen to. I currently own an operate a small production company called Pure Shift Productions that helps people make music. I can record the music, mix it down and make a CD for people to sell.

Secondly, I’m a musician. I’ve been playing a number of different instruments since I was a kid and you’ll find some of my very own music here on this website. I’ve been in a number of different bands but I seem to enjoy working in my studio writing new songs the most. As far as the instruments I play, they are as follows: bass guitar, six string guitar, keyboards, tin whistle and anything else I can get my hands on.

Lastly, I’m a 3D comic artist. This is something that I started back in 2007 as a way to teach myself a few 3D programs as well as tell a story. I’m a very visual person and I always wanted to do something to express myself. Since I’m not that great at drawing, I started looking to the 3D work to see what I can do. I’ve learned quite a bit since I started the web comic but I know that I’m just beginning to scratch the surface.

Offline Rob

• Resident Dick!
  • Administrator
  • Easily Confused, Feeble Minded Founder
    • Remedial Comics
Re: Hello from me
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 02:44:23 PM »
Cool. Welcome. We have a lot in common except for all the talent and skill. LOL.

I used to be in a band. I still have a small home recording studio. I use Sonar but I haven't upgraded to the most recent version. I'm betting you probably use ProTools?

What 3D program do you use? I'm working on some animation for my webcomic using Hash's Animation: Master.

Once again welcome. I hope you enjoy your time here.

;)

Offline Dragon Powered

• Senior Web Correspondent
  • Administrator
  • Fractured
    • Dragon Powered
Re: Hello from me
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 04:11:31 PM »
Welcome to the fun Shaggy.  We have a lot in common too, except for everything we don't.

I've listened to music before.  And I have a guitar too, called El Kabong, because that's what it's good for.